Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1066-in-1

Should have my 1066 from Gamedude soon.

Just getting things ready for install. I was comparing standard Jamma pinout to the Jamma pinout in the manual of the 1066 board found here http://www.jammaboards.com/arcade_ma...ily_Manual.pdf

2 questions..
    1. the VIDEO Ground on the Standard Jamma pin 14, doesn't appear in the 1066 manual, where would we connect this then? To the normal ground pins A,B,1,2,E,F,27,28?

2. The 1066 manual Jamma connector pinouts show Plyr1 and Plyr2 buttons 1 to 5. And also a seperate section for Plyr 1&2 buttons 5 & 6.

Standard Jamma has Plyr 1&2 Buttons 1-3 only
    Where is the correct place to wire the Plyr1&2 buttons 4 ,5 & 6?

thanks
    Jai

Video ground can be connected to PIN 14 or 1,2, 27 or 28.

Depending on which model PCB you get, the buttons can wire to a small daughter board, or somewhere on the PCB itself.

Gamedude will let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post

Gamedude will let you know.
      Oh I will hey.... maybe maybe NOT!!!

JAMMA buttons 4 is wired on the JAMMA harness after button 3
      Buttons 5 can either be on the harness after button 4 or it can be on the "kick harness"
      Button 6 must be wired on the "kick" harness only.
      Always interested in Retro and Current gaming

https://www.gamedude.com.au

Comment

thanks,
        The 1066 pinout also shows pin M is GND, do i need to loop a ground here from another GND? Since the Jamma harness shows this is NC.

And if I use your method of using a power connector from the 1066 ATX PSU to power the Jamma board.
        Can I just remove the power connector from the Cabinet switching PSU and all will be ok?

Is there a volume control anywhere?

I have purchased a new cab so will post up pics, not using the 21" SF2 Champion Cab anymore...
        Last edited by jabz; 23rd January 2008, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jabz View Post

I have purchased a new cab so will post up pics, not using the 21" SF2 Champion Cab anymore...
          Are you going to sell it, if so where you located & how much?
          sigpic

Comment

thanks,
            The 1066 pinout also shows pin M is GND, do i need to loop a ground here from another GND? Since the Jamma harness shows this is NC.

And if I use your method of using a power connector from the 1066 ATX PSU to power the Jamma board.
            Can I just remove the power connector from the Cabinet switching PSU and all will be ok?

Is there a volume control anywhere?

You should connect it, it shows NC but is actually joined to common GND, some monitors dont work well without GND

Yes you can remove the current PSU and just use the ATX PSU to power the JAMMA connector RED is +5volts and yellow is +12volts both are needed on the JAMMA harness otherwise no sound and no controls is the result.

Stereo volume is on the top PCB
            Always interested in Retro and Current gaming

https://www.gamedude.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by syzlack View Post
              Are you going to sell it, if so where you located & how much?

Yup will do but I am in New Zealand so will sell it locally. Sorry.

Comment

Yup will do but I am in New Zealand so will sell it locally. Sorry.
                Oh, another kiwi!
                I sell those PCBs here.

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post
                  Oh, another kiwi!
                  I sell those PCBs here.
                  Yep, oh didn't know.. will pm you for other PCB's

Originally posted by GameDude View Post
                  Yes you can remove the current PSU and just use the ATX PSU to power the JAMMA connector RED is +5volts and yellow is +12volts both are needed on the JAMMA harness otherwise no sound and no controls is the result.
                  Got some pics up in this thread
                  http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=11514
                  so now eaiser to point out what I'm talking about.

The Arcade PSU is wired nicely but confuses me a little. Jamma connector to the PSU is removed.
                  There are a few wires connected to the chassis I presume GND, so I should leave that bottom plug in the PSU in? Those wires go here (showin in last pic)
                  Since this will still power the Marquee light? The Fuse and Back On/Off switch will still be functioning too then?

Last edited by jabz; 23rd January 2008, 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The bottom plug is the Power feed to the PSU.
                    If you run it as Gamedude described using the ATX only, you won't need this PSU. Disconnect that bottom plug so that PSU is not running while the machine is on.

Comment

I assume these 1066 boards are running Windows 2000 after reading a few posts, isn't it bad to just turn it off when no longer playing with the cab?

Is there some proper shutdown procedure?

Comment

One of my biggest gripes about emulation is it mainly on Microshit software, most ****ed up OS IMO. Yeah people use this shit everyday and thats why we have MAME, but its so cumbersome, crap, con thing ever!
                        And the xbox 360 with it's ring of death Bwahh just push it out to consumers without testing.
                        When will people wake up.

Yeah so don't go emulation unless you really have to, like a wise man (AK) told me, once the real thing is better
                        sigpic

Comment

mmmmm I'll look into it. Cloning the HDD, upgrading the ram and cpu just now.
                          Last edited by jabz; 1st February 2008, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Definately clone the HDD.
                            Upgrading the CPU and RAM is a good idea as well.

Comment

Ok the Ram upgrade and clone was successful. Will post pics etc soon.

However the CPU not so, I have a Northwood Socket 478 3.2GHz P4 CPU, which I attempted to put in, the board will boot but will only report it at 1.60GHz (100x16.0).
                              Adjusting the BIOS settings didn't work. There is no clock multiplier setting, so I dropped the Celeron 1.7GHz back in and went into the BIOS and it shows the clock multiplier setting just fine.

I have 2GB RAM in there. When I boot with the Celeron 1.7 it shows 32MB shared Mem for video.
                              When I boot with the 3.2GHz P4 it shows only 8MB shared Mem for video, must require a BIOS update to recognise P4 3Ghz CPUs

So it seems I may need to upgrade the BIOS on the board?, First I need to identify what brand/model it is, there are no markings on the board.

BIOS Boot Screen shows..
                              SIS651/650/645, S962-01 (4M)

04/08/2006-SiS-651-6A6IXRMAC-00

Dorian have you been successful in upgrading to a P4 3.2 or 3.0?
                              Do you know what brand/model this mainboard is?

I have connected a Ethernet cable to the NIC, will explore that later.
                              So for now I want to play some games

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X