Using SSD for XXXX-in-1 systems

Collapse

Discuss multi boards here IE:1000 in 1, 48 in 1 etc

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh!! Turns out that if I press the credit button, I can press 1 player button as Enter and joystick for left and right.

What a PITA! Need to get rid of those popups.

Gonna find that settings.reg file to see what's in it.
    - The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

- I'm not superstitious... just a little stitious

Comment

Ohhh!!! **** ME!!!! Now if I plug the CRT back in, I can navigate the popups, but when it gets to the game menu, It's a scrolling screen.

I thought maybe I did something to the video output so put the 3/4 player board in and changed the video setting until the screen looked right, but when you turn the machine off and back on, it's back to the scrolling video.

**** THIS!! It's doing my head in . I'm having another break. **** this shit!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Goody! It's not me!!! I put the original 10gig IDE back in and it's all back to normal... Back to the drawing board... after my stress break.

Comment

So no luck with the swapped drive? It only works with the original IDE one?

Comment

Originally posted by ghaleous View Post
          So no luck with the swapped drive? It only works with the original IDE one?
          Correct. I've had to put this on the back burner as I've received a massive job off a client so will be working hard for the next month or two and I don't need the stress from this to interfere .

Comment

I was about to embark on upgrading games family 2700 machine to 3700 but am now put off after reading ur thread and discussing with operator of arcade rewind who deals in games family machines. He advised the hardware and software are specially configured and tampering with would be difficult and you'd need to be quite tech savvy to pull off. That said I'll probably still try and install a different mame emulator and see if i can get it to work with the jamma board. Tho if u can't even put a cloned drive in i don't hold much hope

Sent from my SM-G960F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Swiddzy View Post
              I was about to embark on upgrading games family 2700 machine to 3700 but am now put off after reading ur thread and discussing with operator of arcade rewind who deals in games family machines. He advised the hardware and software are specially configured and tampering with would be difficult and you'd need to be quite tech savvy to pull off. That said I'll probably still try and install a different mame emulator and see if i can get it to work with the jamma board. Tho if u can't even put a cloned drive in i don't hold much hope

Yep and to boot I've been told by many people that the time and money I've spent trying this, it would be cheaper just to buy another games family if this one broke so no need to clone hard drives anymore. That's why I haven't bothered trying this again.

Comment

Hi, I got the same errors up and took a photo with Google translate to work out what it said:

Limited virtual memory Your system has no page files, or the page file is too small.
                1. Right click on the computer, click on "Properties", then click on the Advanced tab. Click on the Performance Options button and then click on Change. On the u drive [Volume Label], select the drive you want. To create a page file, please single, w initial size (MB) box, then enter the page file size. Or - To increase the page file size, click the Maximum (MB) box and enter a larger page file size. When everything is ready, click on "Settings" and then click OK.

And the setting.reg:

Registry Editor could not enter ditemldsetting.reg: An error occurred while opening the file. There may be a disk or file system error.

Hope this helps someone.

Sent from my MI 8 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Such a shame a waste of good hardware having multiple machines not too mention the expense! There's a guy on YouTube who's hacked it but doesn't give clear instructions as to how
                  Originally posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post
                  Yep and to boot I've been told by many people that the time and money I've spent trying this, it would be cheaper just to buy another games family if this one broke so no need to clone hard drives anymore. That's why I haven't bothered trying this again.

Comment

So.. somehow I got an xxxx-in-1 to boot from SSD.. once... And never again... I just had to take a few pictures to prove it, no idea what I had done differently to other people bit it ran.. and I played it for an hour before powering it down and trying again... Never worked again .. just a black screen or the win2k loading bar, it could be my machine though it has been pretty selective from the start but would come good of I reset it.. so it is possible, just need to work out how, unfortunately the image I was using is fairly degraded and during cloning it had multiple errors (that I ignored and continued to clone) I'm hoping to get a good image and trying again!! I'm using an unbranded single Chanel IDE to sata adapter I purchased years ago and only just opened..Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190612_173241.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1848975Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190612_173247.jpeg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1848976

Comment

This is the adaptor.Click image for larger version

Name:	1560342481135.jpeg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1848977

Comment

l had succes in this with running the XXXX in 1 software on later duo core board and ssd also on win.xp theres is alot of tricks to this setup and theres a way to run the ssd - but needs to be config right and theres 3 ghost imgs that has to be done not just 1 as the software to run and restore is on all 3 partions

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X