Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PVM-2730QM thread (H-STAT issue, colour bleed, convergence and more!)

Collapse

Dead monitor? something dosent look right on the screen? monitor repair questions here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

of course I would be happy to help but above all Joey is a Legend for me, I end up on his site for twenty years dreaming of bringing him to meet him in person, about fifteen years ago he accepted two Japanese chassis for a review and I was happy to send them to him from Italy! I'm a fan of his! About the cloned flybacks, they are certainly not new, often they are not up to the originals, but I am lucky that my sister's husband is an electronic engineer who lives in Hong Kong and knows directly a company in China SHENZEN that produces them as god commands. The company does not sell a few pieces to individuals, I can only get them thanks to my sister's husband who has profitable working relationships with them. Normally the procedure lasts one or two months (due to the shipping time ) they need a working flyback and reproduce it in some cases improving it as in the case of the one mounted on toshiba pb6643-1 where a low quality internal capacitor inexorably reduces its life. I will send a flyback with a working resistor assy on Monday and they will have to open it and rebuild two for me € 60 each, of course the original will be destroyed. I will report back once I will receive and tested the two cloned reistor assy. Which flyback are you looking for? if I could help you I would be happy
    Last edited by mukurop; 26 July 2020, 11:20 PM.

Comment

PM set, mukurop

Comment

Wow, that sounds good. If it worked out for you please let us know. Would be nice to have 2 or 3 of these clones as spare parts for my other 2730‘s.

Comment

mukurop If you're going to clone some 2730 flybacks I'd appreciate it if you could add +1 to the order for me, if possible. That would be a great thing!

Comment

Well it‘s not just the flyback, they‘re still available on ebay. Much more important is that he also want to clone the H.Stat. unit. This is the hard-to-get part.
            Last edited by productof76; 1 August 2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by productof76 View Post
              Well it‘s not just the flyback, they‘re still available on ebay. Much more important is that he also want to clone the H.Stat. unit. This is the hard-to-get part.
              Absolutely and ditto on that. So far my H-stat has been good but it is all about crossing fingers really.

Comment

Originally posted by productof76 View Post

and in fact I am also sending a flyback together with the resitorassy just to clone the resistor assy. In fact, the flyback will not be destroyed to be replicated but I will have to sacrifice a resitor assy and I hope it goes well. When I receive the three clones that I have ordered, I will have tried them then I will be able to accept your requests. It is the first time that I ask to clone such an object and frankly I prefer to take all the risk myself but if everything goes well you will be the first to know!

Comment

I hope for the best. That would be an awesome achievement

Comment

I find it highly unlikely that they're remaking the coaxial suction cup connector (shown in the previous page) for just a couple of units at 60 euro each. Maybe with a Jedi mind trick...

Comment

Originally posted by soyl View Post
                      I find it highly unlikely that they're remaking the coaxial suction cup connector (shown in the previous page) for just a couple of units at 60 euro each. Maybe with a Jedi mind trick...
                      Fair point. Apparently this company doesn't normally make stuff new, they modify NoS. So maybe they're going to bodge something together for the coax anode hook. I'm optimistic, and keen to see what comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by soyl View Post
                        This is a real concern, I have remarked them that if its very difficult to do or undoable then not destroy my working Tripler as they call it. They have done in the past some triplier for philips and some other brands but the one we need appear as a totally differnt thing...to many custom parts....I must also say that I have successfully replaced the shatter hook along side with the anode cap on a 2130qm resistor assy (it got Corona under anode cap) and it is working flawlessly and also more easy to detach from the tube (installed the same one of a nanao ms9) so some parts can be also replaced with not the same one...and yes the one on 2730qm is another planet.

Comment

Oh God they think it's a tripler? 😱

Probably it was a better idea to send it after chopping and keeping the anode cup (it's not like they're testing it on a tube anyway). If they can provide a HV block with a length of coaxial cable coming out of it, the original connector/suction cup can be put back on later.

And to add complexity to the design of this thing, the connection for the cable from the flyback in the HV block is spring loaded.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X