Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nanao MS8-26A Chassis Schematic or Cap List

Collapse

Dead monitor? something dosent look right on the screen? monitor repair questions here.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanao MS8-26A Chassis Schematic or Cap List

Hi All,

I am currently working on a Mortal Kombat II arcade inside a gottlieb challenger cabinet that I picked up on eBay.

The monitor is a Nanao MS8-26A with a Mitsubishi Tube.

When the monitor powers on, and the pcb boots up, the picture on the display just shows red.

If you tap the side of the cabinet, this can sometimes bring back all the colours.

Alternatively, waiting for about 20 minutes, will also be sufficient for all the colours to work.

I am assuming (without much further investigation) that this may indicate a dry solder joint, or an issue with the caps.

Does anyone have a schematic of this chassis? or a cap list? I figured If I am to reflow the soldering, I may as well replace caps at the same time.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Welcome to Aussie Arcade

Cheers,
    Matthew

Comment

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_eMti2g5RHl...8schematic.jpg

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/Kaizen088/media/Random%20Crap/ms8schematic%201_zpspxculdn9.jpg.html][/URL]

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Nanao_MS8-29

hth...

Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Originally posted by felixthadog View Post
        Welcome to Aussie Arcade

Cheers,
        Matthew
        Thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sir

Just a quick question, is the MS8-26S and the MS8-26A the same ?

Thanks

Nick

Comment

Tapping would not chase away capacitor problems, sounds like you have dry joints.
          Sic transit gloria Atari!

Comment

Originally posted by rativiv View Post
            Thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you sir

Just a quick question, is the MS8-26S and the MS8-26A the same ?

Thanks

Nick
            You should be able to read the cap values on the board, I'd use the schematic to target/troublesoot, you can confirm it is correct by comparing the schematic and actual values on the board. I'm confident they are the same board but no guarantees and use at your own risk.

I'd tend to agree with [MENTION=1983]Womble[/MENTION] and reflow the board first before shelling out for caps, also check the integrity if the RGB pots etc.
            Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Did anyone find any better schematics for this monitor ?

ive one at work, with issues
              i can make a cap list as I’ll be pulling it again on Wednesday
              if anyone can contribute in helping with the issue I’m having
              that would be great

thanks

dave

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X