Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcade Polo monitor white color screen only, can it be saved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arcade Polo monitor white color screen only, can it be saved?

Hello all,

I have this Polo arcade monitor and it was working fine for many years now. Today when I turned on the machine, immediately I smelled a burn and I cut instantly the power. Now the monitor shows only a white image. I have removed the pcb from the cabinet but I don't see anything burnt or something faulty.

Any tips before I replace the arcade monitor with a crt tv?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200520_192920.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	2133956
    Attached Files

I removed the shield and nothing looks burnt. No obvious damage underneath either.

Name:	image_151931.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	2134364
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200521_230820.jpg Views:	0 Size:	228.0 KB ID:	2134363

Name:	image_151932.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	2134365

Comment

Hi mate! These are good quality chassis to my understanding, so I'd be looking at repair. The fact that you have a white screen is promising too, which indicates your flyback may have survived. Where it went bad, it's hard to say. But it's well worth removing and sending to a TV guy. Let us know how you go.

Comment

Maybe something else burnt up? Maybe the power supply for the game?

Comment

No 200V to power the video amps on the neckboard. Check for this voltage on R40. 200V only on one side? Replace R40. On neither side? Replace R234 near the flyback. Resistors must be metal oxide flame proof type.

Comment

I love it when soyl drops by

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X