Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egret II monitor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Egret II monitor

    Hi all.
    bought an Egret II of a member a few years back and finally starting to do work on it.
    I intend to use it in vertical using Hyper Tate.

    But alas the monitor doesn't fire up.
    Only the marquee.

    What do test check/ or is the a Brisbane based tech that does house calls?
    Or I can deliver worst case.

    Otherwise I may seem as is and look for something else for a vertical setup.

    Cheers

  • #2
    namastepat may be able to give you some troubleshooting tips

    Comment


    • #3
      Have you checked the fuses on the chassis? The monitor should at least get power, even if it doesn't show an image. There should be one or two easily visible fuses on the chassis that you could test with a multimeter.

      Also double check the power connectors to the monitor. The monitor will be powered from the 110v transformer. Ensure that it's all connected and looks right. You could have something unplugged on the power side of things.

      ​​​​​

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Savage View Post
        Hi all.
        bought an Egret II of a member a few years back and finally starting to do work on it.
        I intend to use it in vertical using Hyper Tate.

        But alas the monitor doesn't fire up.
        Only the marquee.

        What do test check/ or is the a Brisbane based tech that does house calls?
        Or I can deliver worst case.

        Otherwise I may seem as is and look for something else for a vertical setup.

        Cheers
        If what Pat suggested doesn't work and sending it to Joey is out of the question then Paul Ridgway at Stafford Heights is a CRT wiz.
        https://north-brisbane-electronic-re...business.site/
        I just messaged him myself to see if he can do a 110 to 240 conversion on my Apple IIgs monitor.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks guys.

          I checked and got it powered (did a clean up) up but it's now doing this (see video), I believe it may be an issue with the sync?
          The Chassis is a Wei-ya, has sticker that Jomac has repaired it before.

          Arcade King Paul Ridgeway, I forgot about him, he actually repaired an arcade machine I had once (can't remember what though)
          Ironically I knew his brother Simon really well, from Ridgeway cycles, which unfortunately is no more.


          Here's the video of what it is currently doing (60 in 1) plugged into it for testing

          https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgavGgcE5Vs0hcQ-...QIeQw?e=fFc2gc (Turn sound up to hear also)

          Comment


          • #6
            Is the 60in1 set to cga not vga?
            you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

            Comment


            • #7
              That's bad. The sound from the chassis means something is dead. It's almost like a protection circuit noise or something. Do not run it like that, could end up doing more damage to the monitor.

              The chassis will definitely need repair. Send it to Jomac. If you send him that video, he will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong.

              The monitor would likely be a Wei-ya 3129 model. Pity it's not the original Nanao Ms9, but the Wei-ya you have in there is likely a multi-res monitor and they get a great picture. I have one in my Atomiswave cab.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by narf_ View Post
                Is the 60in1 set to cga not vga?
                Yep I'm sure.
                was in my Hamlin via VGA

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by namastepat View Post
                  That's bad. The sound from the chassis means something is dead. It's almost like a protection circuit noise or something. Do not run it like that, could end up doing more damage to the monitor.

                  The chassis will definitely need repair. Send it to Jomac. If you send him that video, he will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong.

                  The monitor would likely be a Wei-ya 3129 model. Pity it's not the original Nanao Ms9, but the Wei-ya you have in there is likely a multi-res monitor and they get a great picture. I have one in my Atomiswave cab.
                  Cheers.

                  Will do, yeah I'm definately not running out like that.
                  Certainly is not right

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If Joey does let slip any information about the issue, please pass it along

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Savage View Post
                      Thanks guys.

                      I checked and got it powered (did a clean up) up but it's now doing this (see video), I believe it may be an issue with the sync?
                      The Chassis is a Wei-ya, has sticker that Jomac has repaired it before.

                      Arcade King Paul Ridgeway, I forgot about him, he actually repaired an arcade machine I had once (can't remember what though)
                      Ironically I knew his brother Simon really well, from Ridgeway cycles, which unfortunately is no more.


                      Here's the video of what it is currently doing (60 in 1) plugged into it for testing

                      https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgavGgcE5Vs0hcQ-...QIeQw?e=fFc2gc (Turn sound up to hear also)
                      Jomac's always my first pick (and we're mates) but you might want somebody to come out which is why I suggested Paul.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Totally understand.
                        Yeah Paul is very local.

                        It's good there's Paul and Jomac to choose from.

                        I'll speak to Paul first

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Update: Spoke to Paul.
                          Arcade King Don't use that website, it's not his and he doesn't get messages from that.

                          After speaking to him, he thinks its monitor, but will take the whole machine.
                          Initial cost to look at it is $150 (that is 3 hours)

                          He also suggested if I'm willing to go standard Monitor and chassis for about $350 or do a 16:9 lcd replacement.

                          Not sure how a 16:9 in vertical would look even using an SLG...

                          He also said talk to Jomac as he has better experience with multi res monitors.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Savage View Post
                            Update: Spoke to Paul.
                            Arcade King Don't use that website, it's not his and he doesn't get messages from that.

                            After speaking to him, he thinks its monitor, but will take the whole machine.
                            Initial cost to look at it is $150 (that is 3 hours)

                            He also suggested if I'm willing to go standard Monitor and chassis for about $350 or do a 16:9 lcd replacement.

                            Not sure how a 16:9 in vertical would look even using an SLG...

                            He also said talk to Jomac as he has better experience with multi res monitors.
                            Dont LCD the cabinet.
                            Send the chassis to Jomac to repair it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Savage View Post
                              Update: Spoke to Paul.
                              Arcade King Don't use that website, it's not his and he doesn't get messages from that.

                              After speaking to him, he thinks its monitor, but will take the whole machine.
                              Initial cost to look at it is $150 (that is 3 hours)

                              He also suggested if I'm willing to go standard Monitor and chassis for about $350 or do a 16:9 lcd replacement.

                              Not sure how a 16:9 in vertical would look even using an SLG...

                              He also said talk to Jomac as he has better experience with multi res monitors.
                              Can you pm me his email then. No wonder he didn't respond.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X