Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LAI MK2 - Lost green

Collapse

Dead monitor? something dosent look right on the screen? monitor repair questions here.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAI MK2 - Lost green

Gents

Looking for some assistance (again)!!

I recently degaussed my LAI MK2 monitor as there was a small section of de-colourisation in the bottom RHS corner. Since I done this, I've lost all green from the screen and I can't for the life of me get it back!! I've tried adjusting the green with no luck. I've attached some photos for reference. Green was working fine until the degaussing.

check the green input from the pcb jamma plug back to the chassis?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190912_183541.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1852550
    Al.

Comment

Originally posted by madal View Post
      check the green input from the pcb jamma plug back to the chassis?
      https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=153377
      Thanks Al. I'll have a look over the weekend when I can get away from the kids for an hour or so!!

Comment

Connections are good. Any more suggestions? It's weird that the green colour was only lost as soon as the degaussing happened.

Comment

Contack Jomac
          http://www.jomac.net.au
          Al.

Comment

Originally posted by madal View Post
            I didn't want to annoy him, haha. But it seems like this will be my best option.

Cheers

Comment

Ive lost green before (then lost blue a year or so later).

Was on a complete different cab though, using a 'Sharp image' chassis.

Resolved in each instance by changing the 3 legged transistor on the neck board for the corresponding colour. Depends if youre good with desoldering/soldering - a test you could do, is swap transistors around, to see if green comes back and you lose another colour instead.

Otherwise Jomac as already mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by SegaManAU View Post
                I didn't want to annoy him, haha. But it seems like this will be my best option.

Cheers
                The only time you can annoy joey is by ringing him up on a WA public holiday, Been there
                Al.

Comment

I've emailed Joey and he has responded. He has given me a few pointers on getting the green back. It's to do with the way I'm degaussing the monitor. I'm going to try in a few days and hopefully, I can get it back.

He is an absolute ripper of a bloke who goes out of his way to help people, even if there is nothing in it for him. Once again thanks Joey.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                  Working...
                  X