Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nanao MS9 Vertical Lines Blurry or Convergence issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanao MS9 Vertical Lines Blurry or Convergence issue?

Hey Folks,

Just had my MS9's all recapped for my Time Crisis 2, I have managed to get one to look amazing, however I can not seem to get the other one to look as vibrant as the first. When going through the patterns it appears that while my Horizontal lines look great and white is actually looking white! All vertical lines look horribly blurry. Would this come down to a convergence issue?

Cheers
    Slampt

Can you pop a pic of symptoms?

Comment

Here is an attempt of some pics. Hopefully you can see what I am talking about, the colour on the left one is still a little off, but it's the best I can get it unfortunately

Click image for larger version

Name:	L0UilUusQVqSWvqC+CrWoA.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	285.1 KB
ID:	1849262

Name:	6bVOR8B2RY+dkZEchAThoA.jpg
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	1849265

Name:	3v3actpfS5CEqh%0YOX+Cw.jpg
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	1849263

*edit* Looks like it is uploading the last image rotated for some reason, it should be rotated 90 degrees.. I have tried to upload it a few times without success.

Comment

Could just be the tube. You probably wouldn't notice it in a stand alone cab, but side by side you'll always see a difference.
        Last edited by Holy-SNES; 1st July 2019, 07:56 AM.

Comment

tube on the right looks a bit too bright? try adjusting brightness and gains and focus?

Comment

[MENTION=275]con[/MENTION], the one on the right looks really good. It's the one on the left that is washed out. I will try and get a better photo tonight. One thing I did notice was when I boot up the cabinet the left screen glows as if brightness is too high (black isn't black), the right black looks black and doesn't have an "excess" glow when booting.
            Hope that makes sense.

Comment

More images, but I suspect this is a vertical ghost/convergence problem. Any advice on how to adjust would be great, not too keen on playing with the yoke. I have only ever done that once on my blast city with strips to fix the convergence around the corners and that took way too long... I swore I would never touch the yoke again!

Name:	51W7FknUTba5H1OeGoYtlA.jpg
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	1849282

Comment

looks like its outta focus rather than convergence so probably a chassis fault somewhere, I suggest speaking to Jomac

Comment

It's a freshly serviced chassis thanks to Jomac

Here is a better picture of the issue

Name:	JeU74+3vSQSVHFYPRPFiTw.jpg
Size:	354.1 KB
ID:	1849289

Comment

With everything you've done, the only thing left is really the convergence rings.

Comment

Thanks, I will have to get a second set of eyes to watch it for me as I don't have an easy way to look at it and twirl the rings.

Comment

I agree looks like convergence issue to me ,set up a mirror ,will be the only way to get it right,two sets of eyes will only make it harder.
                        Mark all the rings as they sit now before altering them.

Comment

Originally posted by GIBO View Post
                          Mark all the rings as they sit now before altering them.
                          OMG this. And then when you're finished and happy, mark that position too!

I'd try the rings first, but if they won't allow you to get things right you can start the setup over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmrrf5hiYQI

Comment

Thanks for all the advise, screen is a little better, not sure I am going to get it any better so will leave it as is

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X