Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MCA joystick refurb

mrjamma

Question

Hey guys

Its been a while since pulling apart a joystick.

From memory the mca joystick has 4 microswitches which I can replace.

My brothers complaining that moving right is intermittently not responding so I figured its cheaper to do switches then to replacing the whole thing

What microswitches do I need for an mca joystick? Any suggested sites? Cheers

The microswitch has a left over the life of use the lever bends down and isn't straight so when the joystick is pushed in the direction required it the lever doesn't compress ebough to activate the switch . Try that idea first

@narf_

Talking about MCAs is there away to fix this problem. One my MK1 cabinet when going left sometimes it feels like the joystick itself isn't even hitting the switch at all but if you move it right hard and left again comes good. Have replaced switches and done adjustments on them with light movement its fine but when playing MK for example that what happens.

I read somewhere the rubber boot get worn out but can be replaced?

Ended up replacing the micro switches. No more issues with response. There is a slight bit of slack in the stick, nothing too crazy though.

Are these rubber boots available to buy, and would they stiffen it up

Do Coin Play have a website? Wouldn't mind a few bushes for my MCAs.

Not that I know of, I simply googled them. Their number is: (03) 9560 0707.They cost $5 each, and shipping was like $2 or something (had them shipped in an envelope).

After finding this thread and seeing that no one had any "new" bushings for mca sticks.

I 3d printed my own new bushing from TPU, 15% infill density and the lines pattern got it almost identical to the original rubber bushing.

20210822_151226.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

oh wow , i didnt even know how to rebuild MCAs or even adjust levers in 2014 😮 hahaha. 

i stocked up a couple of those bushes from Coin Play before they stopped supplying, but good to see there are options around to futureproof everyone , good work !