I buy them here.

http://www.computronics.com.au/hakko/

they've got everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybeaux View Post
      I buy them here.

http://www.computronics.com.au/hakko/

they've got everything.
      Won't deal with them, I tried getting some filters from them and they wanted $25 postage to send the things in an envolope or $20 to send via courier. When I questioned them they said it was to put people off from using snail mail. No wonder I buy all my electronic stuff O/S
      WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Local guy with basically hako copies and a heap of other stuff. I have found the spares service excellent and the prices more than fair. My desoldering station is excellent, no complaints.
        http://www.cutter.com.au/
        Beer....the reason I get up every afternoon.

Comment

I bought my Hakko from here in Bowen Hills in Brisbane

www.prime-electronics.com.au

Their web site is crap so a phone call or walk-in to their showroom might be best.

They're in Southport and Flemington (NSW) as well.

Comment

got my hakko clone from Wagner in Ashfield, Sydney

they also sell genuine Hakko replacement parts

http://www.wagner.net.au

website is pretty sparse (apart from their catalogue - which does not contain prices) so best to phone them
            Ric
            looking for:
            the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
            Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
            Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

i see jaycar have them as well (click this for a direct link to the solder station)

www.jaycar.com.au
              Last edited by @lien_Zed; 9 May 2007, 04:59 PM.
              rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
              if your new to electronics and

Comment

bought a hakko clone from jaycar. they use all the hakko gear such as the tips. temp controlled, it's been great and it was on special for $80. that was like 12 months ago. works fantastic. i highly recommend for the coin.
                jaycar also have an assortment of replacement tips. i recommend buying a tiny one for the fiddly stuff as the standard one is pretty meaty... or was it the other way around... had 2 year warranty i think also.
                The HillDweller

Comment

Originally posted by kramer View Post
                  bought a hakko clone from jaycar. they use all the hakko gear such as the tips. temp controlled, it's been great and it was on special for $80. that was like 12 months ago. works fantastic. i highly recommend for the coin.
                  Hey Kramer

Is this the one you got?

Comment

Are these any good?
                    Micron-Sureshot-Desoldering-Tool-MKII
                    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

The Micron Sureshot is imported by Altronics over here in Perth.
                      I worked at Altronics about 11 years ago. The first series of the Sureshot was a bit crappy IMO they used to clog up abit but I'm sure they would have fixed this by now.
                      Desoldering IC's was the trickiest because it didn't remove all of the solder and you had to finish off with desolder braid., but i guess for the price it was ok considering the price of the really good ones like Hakko.
                      This same one on Ebay is $100 less than in the Altronics 2006 cattledog.

Comment

yea claude. the hakko clones are great. jaycar also has tips etc for them.
                        The HillDweller

Comment

Anyone got any thoughts on this? I dont really want to be spending $400 to desolder chips that cost a buck or two. Wonder if this would be a good solution.

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut226
                          Sic transit gloria Atari!

Comment

From another thread on the Dicksmith special the soldering and desoldering station for $299, bought one a couple of weeks ago and it works great, can not do smd but for all others its a treat, bought myself a couple of different tips and some extra filters, for the price you can't beat it.
                            If it isn't broke then don't fix it!

Comment

Yeh I bought one of those shortly after making that post, took me a little while to get good at it but I can now get chips to practically fall out of boards.
                              Sic transit gloria Atari!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X