Anything to do with repairs.

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these soldering / desoldering stations from www.rhinotools.com.au / eBay ID dms-industrial

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_5788wt_1137

The guy normally lists them for a Buy it Now of $210 but just listing this one as an auction and got $209

He also has a separate desoldering station for $130 and soldering station for $100 which I think I would prefer as I wouldn't have a permanent setup just yet.

Any thoughts if you have used it or if you know what the original model # and brand is?
    Attached Files

Comment

I doubt it has an "original model or serial" number as it looks like a generic Chinese one to me. The Chinese are really getting these things sorted and coming up with some great gear at good prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
        I doubt it has an "original model or serial" number as it looks like a generic Chinese one to me. The Chinese are really getting these things sorted and coming up with some great gear at good prices.
        It is a generic but I guess the generics sometimes have a model # of some sort on them. Hoping I can find out a little more about them if I did have something to go by.

Comment

Well after a few days of trying to find this station somewhere else, I found part of the model number by looking at the image file name posted in their eBay ad (987a) and then googling 'desoldering 987' and found that it is a ZD-987 which is on many chinese and european websites.

Comment

I've been using the Jacar desoldering tool. It's good for the price but I need to replace the ceramic heater every 2-3 months. I use is quite a bit. It's a pain refitting the heater. The wires run too close the the heater so it doesn't mater how well you lay the wires, they burn up eventually. Which kind of sucks!!!

The Hakko is pricey. Does it also need to have the heater replaced on a regular basis? Are they available?

Comment

Aliexpress have a few decent options. They have the upgraded JayCar model, which is what I'm using, it has more power in regards to heating and suction and a redesigned gun. Trouble free for me for a long time now.
              SEGA love: | Nintendo love:
              PC Engine love: | Latest retro finds:

Comment

Originally posted by Frank_fjs View Post
                Aliexpress have a few decent options. They have the upgraded JayCar model, which is what I'm using, it has more power in regards to heating and suction and a redesigned gun. Trouble free for me for a long time now.
                Oh cheers...

What model are you using? I'm kinda over mine.

Comment

This is the one I have, purchased from this eBay seller. Can't beat the price and fast delivery:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIPPO-15...item2119533a83

Also available with all spare parts too on Ali, search SS-331H

Comment

Cheers. Thanks for the link [MENTION=6860]Frank_fjs[/MENTION]!

They both go to 480c. By more power do you mean it heats up quicker than the Jaycar?

More suction would be good. The Jaycar one sucks in that it doesn't suck all that well, maybe why it regularly blocks.

When you say trouble free, how much are you using it? I'm bad mouthing the Jaycar one a bit, but it does get a hammering. 1-3 hours a day on average for a month before it needs a new heater. Just want to compare apple with apples. Cheers.
                    Last edited by taito; 24 December 2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

More power as in more Watts, so it heats up quicker.

I purchased mine in May of this year and use it weekly. Maybe once or twice a week on average.

Comment

Ok been almost a year since this thread was updated. Looking to buy a beginner a soldering station as he has just started to do some soldering (very basic) on some 12V and 14.4V motors and power supplies. Any ideas on a station under $100 which is good for a beginner?

Cheers

Comment

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/solderin...h-eu-plug.html

Red

(always cost a little more than shown as they convert to us$ (though this may have changed))
                          Shadow, Comet, PZ, Spanish Eyes, Dogies, CP, BBBB, Gridiron, Jungle Lord, Gorgar, FlyHigh Playfield and Backglass, Centrelink Kiosk, Jim Beam Dart board, Vendmax Lolly Dispenser
                          Indy500, Sprint2 & Indy2 project, TX Sector, Bone Busters Inc, Victory, Raven Gottlieb Sys80B's,Mars God Of War, F-14(project)
                          Elvira and Bluechip (given to Dad)

Comment

Same thing:
                            https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/936-Powe...0AAOSwYIxX~Kjz

Comment

Hey,

My $150 S-993A de solder gun has shit itself twice!

I am looking at a decent de soldier gun that will last longer than 1 month, can anyone recommend one for me and why they recommend it please.

I do not care what I spend, something that will last longer than a few months.

I am liking the Hakko range of guns.

Thanks

- Con

Comment

I like the mobile hakko desoldering guns,I use an 808 for customer repairs on site and a FR301 in the workshop,not cheap but spare parts and tips are readly available.
                                I have tried using the cheap benchtop versions but they dont come close to a hakko if you use them regulary.
                                I also have a metcal desoldering attachment for my soldering station,way expensive and works awesome but needs an air compressor connected to it so it just becomes a pita to use

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X