• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/hollow-needle...3A1%7C294%3A50

What the??
    Sic transit gloria Atari!

Comment

also very handy for when engineers punch somebody. the hollow point needle will take a fleash sample for later anaylsis. the fufu valve has come off thhe discoboobillator on that one....

Comment

Originally posted by AskJacob View Post
        I thought I'd take a look and see if I can wing a desolder station for chrissie for myself.

I only want something cheap of course. I figured if I'm looking I may as well update this thread...

DSE are getting out of the game:

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.st.../Product/T2270

$269, in store only, and none near me. Probably would have been my best bet but anyway, thought I'd post it in case someone else is after one.

Here is where the website says they are still available:
        NSW/ACT:- Belconnen DSE, Rouse Hill DSE, Wollongong DSE VIC:- Hamilton DSE, Horsham DSE, Knox City PowerHouse QLD:- Browns Plains DSE, DSE Bundaberg (FRN), Townsville DSE WA:- Fremantle DSE, Rockingham DSE TAS:- Hobart DSE.

Cutter does not seem to carry anything ATM, Wagner won't publish prices. Prime's website is nasty to navigate.

Altronics list this one:

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.as...=item&id=T1260

Which looks OK, but priced at $435.90 is a bit much for me to explain to the mrs

It looks like the RoHS stuff has lead to limited equipment available at the moment - I imagine a lot of the desolder stuff won't work for lead free... (I don't care about lead free, I want some old school gear!)

So, to go out on a limb - anyone want to offload their desolder station?

Cheers
        Jacob
        DSE have run out in the victorian stores. next stock delivery is in july 09 with only 16 on order. recommendation was place order with 10% deposit.

forget dse. gone out of parts and equipment. :.((
        Last edited by andykmv; 12th August 2009, 07:35 PM.
        HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Does anyone knows how to desolder cleanly chips (not smd) with an aoyue 968 3 in 1 ?

I have bought one to help me with repairs, but since I am novice using it, any help would be appreciated

thank you !
          Last edited by cal2; 16th June 2009, 07:00 PM.
          Arcade fan

Comment

There are a couple of clips on you tube using this machine, i would recommond getting an old board and just play with it, there are a couple of good threads on AA on how to use a desoldering iron as well.
            If it isn't broke then don't fix it!

Comment

Good idea, thank you
              Arcade fan

Comment

Aussie distributor of Aoyue

http://www.ludatronics.com.au/

I have been in touch with them, they get back fast and seem like nice folks.

I have not bought anything off them. Yet.

Have to get a few other things straightened up before I get my dream rig, the 2702+

Mostly appears to be Hakko clone gear. Fine by me, I could never justify Hakko unless I was getting paid (quite a bit) to play with PCBs...

Cheers
                Jacob

Comment

Have to get a few other things straightened up before I get my dream rig, the 2702+

Mostly appears to be Hakko clone gear. Fine by me, I could never justify Hakko unless I was getting paid (quite a bit) to play with PCBs...

Cheers
                  Jacob
                  i'm hangin for the 474 desoldring iron/pump to come in (any day now.....)
                  and yeah they are very responsive!
                  HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Originally posted by serviceit View Post
                    this is there web site- http://www.ludatronics.com.au/
                    +1 just got an aoyue 474+ desoldering iron form them. good communication, shipped out as soon as stock arrived from OS. Whoo Hoo!

Comment

If your doing lots of work with the station, the aoyue will not last, but if its only for a little work here and there, then its probably fine. If anyone is interested in a second hand Aoyue
                      701, I have one here which needs to have some parts in the desoldering gun and iron replaced and then it will be fully working again. Just make me an offer.
                      Last edited by cwispy; 31st August 2009, 03:32 PM.
                      -- http://www.2000cn.com.au
                      Business Web and Email Hosting and Spam filtering

Comment

Cheers
                        Jacob
                        I bought a 2702+ the other day and Roger delivered it to my door. Great service!
                        Only thing I didnt realise was the desoldering gun and soldering iron cant be used at the same time. Thing sucks like a 2 bit whore tho which is great.

Comment

I would be happy with the Aoyue 474+ De-Soldering Station now only $199. Hopefully xmas pressy for me

Comment

Australian AOYUE Supplier - Ludatronics - Discounts for AA members

To all members:

Ludatronics sell items via EBAY (http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Ludat...__W0QQ_armrsZ1) and their website (direct - www.ludatronics.com.au), and are offering 10% discount on AOYUE products to AA members if buying direct (NOT through ebay).

See below excerpt from email discussion with Roger at Ludatronics for details and contact info!

Cheers!

-----------------------------------------------------------
                            From: [andykmv] .... To: 'R Wilson - Ludatronics' Subject: RE: [Aoyue] desolder station, 474+ model.
                            Roger, finally put the desoldering station to work and it is doing a nice job! I am using it to do some repairs to old arcade game pcbs ...would you be willing to offer some good discounts to [AussieArcade] members for purchase of soldering, desoldering and hot air stations ? Cheers! [andykmv]
                            From: R Wilson - Ludatronics ... To: [andykmv] Subject: RE: desolder station, 474+ model.
                            Hi again, ... to reply to your original e-mail ref. discounts, I'm prepared to offer a 10% discount (from the prices on my website) to your members if they order direct. Please ask them to mention Aussie Arcade when ordering so the discount can be taken into account.
                            N.B. I am now getting low on stock of the 474+ until I put another order in (expected delivery late January next year) however I am now doing a good price on the 701 station which is the same as the 474 but also includes a good temperature controlled soldering iron.
                            Regards, Roger D Wilson, Proprietor, Ludatronics, PO Box 496, Narangba QLD 4504, AUSTRALIA
                            Tel: 07 3385 7629 Fax: 07 3385 7625 Web: www.ludatronics.com.au Email: roger.wilson@ludatronics.com.au
                            Sole Australian Importer of AOYUE Soldering Products
                            Ludatronics is a registered Qld co, BN21109357 ABN 57 937 268 426, ACMA Reg. No. N24276, RCM Reg. No. 5833
                            Last edited by andykmv; 16th November 2009, 07:53 AM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Roger is a great guy !

Comment

YAY!

I just got my Aoyue 2702A about an hour ago! Roger of Ludatronics is a good guy.

My dream machine

Been waiting a long time for this machine.

1st impressions:

- the desolder gun, solder iron and hot air heads look so-so. Servicable yes, but you know you don't have a hakko in your hands here.
                                - The base unit is pretty damn well made. The case is an aluminium extrusion, controls are easy enough to play with, and the little air-flow ball is neat too
                                - it is much quieter than I expected.
                                - heat control is fast and does not seem to wander all over the place.

The extras are nice:
                                - a SMD suction handling pen with 3 tips
                                - 6 hot air rework heads
                                - Nice iron stand/solder roll dispenser
                                - IC lifting tool with 2 prong sets
                                - 2 extra smoke filters
                                - 6 extra solder filter pads
                                - 1 extra primary filter spring
                                - 2 desolder cleaning tools
                                - silicon grease for cleaning desolder chamber
                                - 2 extra desolder tips
                                - heat resistant pad

Only thing I would have liked is an extra soldering tip, and the manual to be written assuming I have not owned a 2702+ before (really makes a lot of assumptions!).

So far I am happy with it - even though I haven't _used_ it yet! Will report back when I have had a play.

PS guys don't tell the Mrs I have already opened and played with my Christmas present OK?

OK have used it quite a bit now. Micro review time:

The soldering iron is amazing in it's heat capacity... for such a fine tip and light weight, I was surprised. It takes a bit of getting used to the cord as it is initially unwieldy with the vacuum hose and power cable, but I got used to it. The smoke extractor works quite well too.

The desolderer is pretty good. The tip was supplied untinned and it was a bit of effort to get it tinned. I have blocked it a few times - because I didn't follow the rule of desolder, then keep trigger depressed for a count of 3. If you just suck the solder away and then let the trigger go, it will remain in the tip and will cool and block. Easy to unblock with the hot air nozzle though

The hot air rework is f#cken fantastic. I have been having a ball with it. Removing SMD, BGA and other ICs just to try it out, properly shrinking heatshrink (instead of a lighter) looks much neater and tidier. Here is a use I came up with I reckon has not been mentioned - you can use it to melt the end of a glue stick, then use the glue stick like a glue pen. saves having to fire up the hot glue gun, and in the "glue pen" format is great for securing small wires to pcbs etc.

Cheers
                                Jacob
                                Last edited by AskJacob; 29th January 2010, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X