Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Soldering/Desoldering Station Part Suppliers

Arcade King

Question

I buy them here.

http://www.computronics.com.au/hakko/

they've got everything.

Won't deal with them, I tried getting some filters from them and they wanted $25 postage to send the things in an envolope or $20 to send via courier. When I questioned them they said it was to put people off from using snail mail. No wonder I buy all my electronic stuff O/S :x :x :x :x :x

bought a hakko clone from jaycar. they use all the hakko gear such as the tips. temp controlled, it's been great and it was on special for $80. that was like 12 months ago. works fantastic. i highly recommend for the coin.

jaycar also have an assortment of replacement tips. i recommend buying a tiny one for the fiddly stuff as the standard one is pretty meaty... or was it the other way around... had 2 year warranty i think also.

bought a hakko clone from jaycar. they use all the hakko gear such as the tips. temp controlled, it's been great and it was on special for $80. that was like 12 months ago. works fantastic. i highly recommend for the coin.

Hey Kramer

Is this the one you got?

The Micron Sureshot is imported by Altronics over here in Perth.

I worked at Altronics about 11 years ago. The first series of the Sureshot was a bit crappy IMO they used to clog up abit but I'm sure they would have fixed this by now.

Desoldering IC's was the trickiest because it didn't remove all of the solder and you had to finish off with desolder braid., but i guess for the price it was ok considering the price of the really good ones like Hakko.

This same one on Ebay is $100 less than in the Altronics 2006 cattledog.

From another thread on the Dicksmith special the soldering and desoldering station for $299, bought one a couple of weeks ago and it works great, can not do smd but for all others its a treat, bought myself a couple of different tips and some extra filters, for the price you can't beat it.

I thought I'd take a look and see if I can wing a desolder station for chrissie for myself.

I only want something cheap of course. I figured if I'm looking I may as well update this thread...

DSE are getting out of the game:

http://www.dse.com.au/cgi-bin/dse.storefront/en/Product/T2270

$269, in store only, and none near me. Probably would have been my best bet but anyway, thought I'd post it in case someone else is after one.

Here is where the website says they are still available:

NSW/ACT:- Belconnen DSE, Rouse Hill DSE, Wollongong DSE VIC:- Hamilton DSE, Horsham DSE, Knox City PowerHouse QLD:- Browns Plains DSE, DSE Bundaberg (FRN), Townsville DSE WA:- Fremantle DSE, Rockingham DSE TAS:- Hobart DSE.

Cutter does not seem to carry anything ATM, Wagner won't publish prices. Prime's website is nasty to navigate.

Altronics list this one:

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=T1260

Which looks OK, but priced at $435.90 is a bit much for me to explain to the mrs :)

It looks like the RoHS stuff has lead to limited equipment available at the moment - I imagine a lot of the desolder stuff won't work for lead free... (I don't care about lead free, I want some old school gear!)

So, to go out on a limb - anyone want to offload their desolder station?:lol

Cheers

Jacob

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=T1260

Which looks OK, but priced at $435.90 is a bit much for me to explain to the mrs :)

I have one of these, works well but is noisy and vibrates.

It actually vibrated itself off the workbench onto the floor and broke the iron holder.

It sits on a piece of bubblewrap now.

You can order DSE stuff from their website, it then arrives at a store you nominate, this may not work for reassuringly heavy items tho.

Give them a ring tho - I did a while back, mainly coz their website sales portal was down.

Not for these - it specifically states they are clearance items and will not be transported from store to store, nor available online :(

I have one of these, works well but is noisy and vibrates.

It actually vibrated itself off the workbench onto the floor and broke the iron holder.

It sits on a piece of bubblewrap now.

Hmm I never thought about that. Does the pump run non-stop then? Or is it trigger based?

Cheers

Jacob

Bought this on Monday, works a treat and it came with a heap of spare parts as well, eg spare heating element. The price $450 might put some people off but its an excellent all in one, the only trouble i have with it, is that you can not use the soldering iron and the desoldering iron together, you have to unplug, one and then plug the other in.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280344280350

Aoyue 2702A Soldering & Re-work station

Edited by serviceit

Bought this on Monday, works a treat and it came with a heap of spare parts as well, eg spare heating element. The price $450 might put some people off but its an excellent all in one, the only trouble i have with it, is that you can not use the soldering iron and the desoldering iron together, you have to unplug, one and then plug the other in.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280344280350

Wow! Looks pretty cool (bit like a CRO), pitty about the changing over to desolder. Does it make coffee too? :lol

• Administrators

Aoyue 2702A Soldering & Re-work station

I bought the 701 about 3 or so years back and its been pretty good (even for a hakko rip off) but it doesn't have the SMD rework hot air gun. mate soooooooooooo tempted to grab this.

Did some SMD stuff last night, even came with an IC sucker, it holds the SMD with a small vacuum and when you have it in place release the button, the opposite is also true to lift the device, great for those small sm diodes and transistors, used a set of tweezers in the pass but the small vacuum is much better.