Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

LAI Skill Tester Operators Manual?

joshrk16

Question

Hi guys, Am chasing a manual for the Large Lai 'Pink' skill tester claw machines? Also I am chasing a manula for the older version lai skill tester with the forward/sideways buttons..

Thanks heaps

15 answers to this question

Hello i am new to the arcade world and this forum,

i have also just picked up one of these lai skill tester machines and a manual would be very helpful.mine has a joystick control .The previous owner had somehow reversed the polarity from the power supply to the main board and cooked it so i am thinking i will need a new one.

@jodykerz Any chance you could upload it for the next person that's looking for it?

There's a lot of these about and plenty of people have been chasing it over the years, myself included.

I have a PDF of the pink skill tester manual, question is can you upload it to this site and how? I can't email it to people who may need it as the file is 27.1MB, most (including mine) service providers only allow a file up to 10MB. I'd be happy to post a printed copy if people wish to cover the postage charge, paper costs naff all so that's no biggie.

Thanks @Kaizen! I bought one of these about 18 months ago and not that I've had huge issues with it I have had to fumble around a bit with it. Having an operator's manual will help a heap!

Hi All,

Any luck on the older LAI skill tester with the buttons not the Pink with a joystick? I own the older button ones and have been after a manual for as long as I've owned it (around 3 years).

Cheers,

Matt

Most of the old 2 button LAI models were updated with a new solid state controller board that Nigel from Sunrise produced , the manual that come with the new board was more comprehensive than the original LAI manual.

http://www.sunrisemicro.com.au/pdf/Skilltester_Upgrade_Manual.pdf

These boards made a huge difference to their reliability and operation , they also included sound that the original didn't have.

Hey guys how is everyone

I'm looking for advice

I just got given a skill tester and my power supply is no good.

I think I have found something on eBay but I don't know much about these machines and i am looking for a manual to help with getting it going

Any help would be really appreciated

Most of the old 2 button LAI models were updated with a new solid state controller board that Nigel from Sunrise produced , the manual that come with the new board was more comprehensive than the original LAI manual.

http://www.sunrisemicro.com.au/pdf/Skilltester_Upgrade_Manual.pdf

These boards made a huge difference to their reliability and operation , they also included sound that the original didn't have.

Joey, I just contacted Nigel and he advised these boards are no longer available and he will not be producing more. Is there another compatible board, or are they simple enough to reverse engineer?

They would be a nightmare to reverse engineer, I can understand why he doesn't make them anymore he would be lucky to sell one a year these days.

There is no other compatible board, that's why he first made these.