Cocktail help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocktail help

Picked up this last night and the guy seems to think it was a space invaders. It wasn't working so he doesn't know and he connected a connector back to front on the power supply board and burnt a hole on the connector by shorting the transformer output on one of the fat tracks. Does the game board look like it might be a space invaders variant? Hard to tell just by looking at the board I guess.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cocktail2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1862768Click image for larger version

Name:	cocktail4.JPG
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1862769Click image for larger version

Name:	cocktail5.JPG
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1862770Click image for larger version

Name:	cocktail3.JPG
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1862771Click image for larger version

Name:	cocktail1.JPG
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1862772

Others on here might be more cluey from me, so here's my take:

The instructions are in Japanese, and the title reads "Space Invaders". Hooray for knowing katakana

Looks like there's an overlay on the monitor that would normally be used on SI, so there's another tick.

The cab looks the same as mine, which was original an SI machine from Japan imported into Australia before the locals kicked in. Seems to be an original Taito machine. I reckon that's the same dodgy step-down transformer I had as well!

I'm not too good with old PCBs though, so I'll leave that for someone else.

At a guess, I'd be pretty confident it's SI, or possibly a bootleg.

The wiring inside those old cabs can be a bit creative - I've taken all mine out and will be re-doing the whole lot to make it JAMMA ready and more electrically safe again. Mind, I haven't done much, but that's the plan anyhows
    - my nerdy gaming blog...

Comment

The board looks like a Taito Space Invaders, has the Taito codes on it, but can't see a Taito logo anywhere, and that top daughter board is not normal either.

There is a few Space Invaders gurus on here that will know what it is...

Comment

I haven't pulled the boards out to look for Taito logos .......can't see any on top.

Mangled leg I know it looks promising but a lot of the time what is on the outside isn't always what is on the inside

Comment

its a taito board of another game gone through a hack to make it into a space invaders.. or quite possibly its some of invader clone

is it a 2 or 3 layer ?

damn it , i been trying to buy a taito spacie invaders cocktail table for yonks.. they all seam to be up north

will you sell it if you cant get it working ? lol

figured it never hurt to ask he he

* arrrgggghhhh , your boards missing 4 ic,s ????

if your repairing her yourself give me a yell should you need any ics.. i have plenty here
          preserving cocktail table game instruction cards.

Comment

Awww mate, could i ask a MASSIVE favour? Could you remove one of your instruction cards and scan it in and send it to me?

I've been after that image for ages and have searched high and low, nobody seems to have either original cards or scans with the Japanese text. Going to get the image cleaned up and a PDF made, i'll Email you a copy as thanks.

Need this for my SI cocktail resto. Would be super cool if you could

EDIT. Just noticed one of the cards has, what looks like a sticker on it, you could'nt scan both cards for me could you?

Thanks. Alex.
            Last edited by european bob; 10th February 2011, 08:32 PM. Reason: add some more begging!
            sigpic

Comment

i have just ID your board.

TV070001A
              its a lunar rescue

the sub board up the top connects 4 ic,s.. i will have a look later to id the ics and see why that sub board is there.

there is a distinct possibility a tech has hack modded it into a space invaders.

its a black and white board no doubt.

Comment

Thanks guys for your help. 7baz might need to call on your expertise. I will have to spend some time to patch up the p/s board. The game board has three layers and the little parasite board on top. The third or bottom board has another edge connector like the top board and the wiring disappears into the loom on the opposite side of the cabinet.

Euro Bob I will do a scan for you but I don't know when that will be. I don't have any plans to pull the glass off at the moment.

Comment

Hi Steve, no worries, i'm a patient(ish) guy and my machine is in bits anyway. Plus i've got English instruction cards to slide in to hold me over.

Also, whats the state of the control panels? Just found a guy over here that makes mk1 style metal reproductions, they look the nuts, think they're about ?60 shipped (uk) just waiting for them to come back into stock. Could be good if your planning a resto.

Alex.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by european bob View Post
                    Also, whats the state of the control panels? Just found a guy over here that makes mk1 style metal reproductions, they look the nuts, think they're about ?60 shipped (uk) just waiting for them to come back into stock. Could be good if your planning a resto.
                    Post something in the arcade forum when you get them in - I'd be keen to see how they fare!
                    - my nerdy gaming blog...

Comment

Originally posted by MangledLeg View Post
                      Post something in the arcade forum when you get them in - I'd be keen to see how they fare!
                      Will do, they were supposed to be in by mid jan and i placed the order end of november, just keeping everything crossed they appear as my panels are shot.

EDIT. This guy also does the mk2 version (the one with orange and blue in it) and the upright SI panels too.

Alex.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bob, Has this guy got a web site with picture i can take a look at?

Comment

That Road Fighter is so hard it's not funny..

Comment

bob may i ask which SI upright he has control panels for ? midway or taito ?

Comment

I believe the repro SI CPOs are here -> http://www.arcadeoriginals.co.uk/

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X