Calling on all owners of Sega ST-V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling on all owners of Sega ST-V.

On the Sega ST-V PCB, I am missing the dongle that much be attached to CN5.
    The board does not function without it.

Could someone please scan theirs and post it here? I need pics high res enough to be able to make my own. Front and back if possible

Or if someone knows the pinout of CN5. That would be handy info too
    ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Went through the manual and there isn't a picture of much reference to it at all.
    The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour View Post
      Went through the manual and there isn't a picture of much reference to it at all.
      In the manual on page 2 (6/30 in the pdf version) it states...

Does not function if CN5 is not connected with the Board (839-0724). Also make sure that this Board is not connected with another connector.
      That is the only mention of it (or CN5) in the manual. But it does show where CN5 is. It is a pisy little thing that just covers the connector
      ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

Yep, exactly. Not much at all.
        The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

I've got nothing that late, but try posting on RVGAC. Might get some help there

Comment

I scanned mine just then. I really couldnt make out anything useful from the scans, but i will send them to you if you want. I think best option would be to take a multimeter to the top pins and see where they go. Which leads me to my question; is this intended as some sort of security device? or merely a grounding dongle like the ones found in multi cpu boards with unpopulated sockets.

Comment

I saw in the manual that the CD-ROMs, printers, etc are SCSI. So, I suspect strongly that this is a SCSI terminator. Which means it would be fairly simple.

Of course, Sega have used a non standard pinout. Otherwise, I would have used one of the terminators that I have here.

If the pic is huge (and I hope it is) you could just put it up on you FTP site and I'll grab it from there.

| My | |

Comment

righto, well i scanned it at 600dpi. I will ftp it and put the link up in a bit

Here tis...

Beavis & Butthead
                Last edited by Berty; 12th November 2006, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

OK. Those scans tell me next to nothing due to the scanner focus. Pity that scanners are only designed to scan in 2D
                  Hmmm...I will play around with them in XnView t see if I can see any tracks.

Meanwhile, off the main board...
                  C1-C10,C21-C32,B32 and A32 are all common. Probably GND

Off a pic of a video card...
                  A1-A5,A7-A27 are connected to B1-B5,B7-B27 respectivly (eg A1-B1, A2-B2, etc)

Do you see any traces on the dongle?

| My | |

Comment

Nope, no traces.

Comment

A quick q on the ST-V board. A mate has one with Die Hard Arcade. I want it and he doesn't. I was going to swap him for Tekken 2, but now he wants either my Snow Bros or AvP boards for it.

How much do you guys reckon an ST-V board with game is worth, dos that trade sound fair in any sense?

Comment

Its not worth AVP, thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Matt View Post
                          A quick q on the ST-V board. A mate has one with Die Hard Arcade. I want it and he doesn't. I was going to swap him for Tekken 2, but now he wants either my Snow Bros or AvP boards for it.

How much do you guys reckon an ST-V board with game is worth, dos that trade sound fair in any sense?
                          ST-V PCB is worth $100-150
                          Die Hard Arcade is worth $50-??? due to the fact that it is one of the few games worth getting on the system. (Virtua Fighter Remix and Radiant Silvergun being the only others)

Edit: Was just over at klov and noticed the DHA control panel...(cue Twilight Zone theme here)...notice that P1 has a pic of the WTC towers, while P2 has the WTC towers blowing up, in an eerily similar fashion to how they did. Remeber:this game came out in 1996. Maybe Osama played it and said "Oh shit, what a good idea. I'll try and blow up the top of the towers next time". LMAO
                          http://www.klov.com/images/11/1122655058.jpg

| My | |

Comment

hey there mike

I have a Sega Titan - do you want high res pics - I don't have a scanner but happy to take pics

let me know what you need - dongle in our out etc

Ric
                            Ric
                            looking for:
                            the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
                            Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
                            Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

Comment

stv board and die hard worth about 1-150 tops
                              can get them shipped from us ebay for about that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X