Collapse

Anything to do with repairs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCB Repair : Data East (late 80's)

OK I got a few Data East boards here (Midnight Resistance, Bad Dudes, Chernov, Robocop).

They all have these same transistors marked D880. Looks to have something to do with the power. Voltage regulator?

A couple have been removed, some look damaged/dodgy.

Any ideas where to get replacements or what the modern notation for a replacement would be?

My DMM has a transistor test port, any tips on how to use?
    ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Yeah I have a few faulty data east PCB's as well haven't had the time to troubleshoot them yet The transistor can be replaced by 2N3055 NPN Power Transistor You can get them from http://www.futurlec.com/TransPower2N.shtml
    I tend to get most of my electronic parts from there, they are excellent to deal with, but to make it really worthwhile you need to be ordering bulk parts
    WANTED

Another Holiday

Comment

Suspect any 2016/2018 slim rams. There's another that I can't remember, but I have been changing a lot of these..

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
      Working...
      X