Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega Outrunners

Hi Guys,

I have a faulty relay board for the steering feedback on my dual Outrunners game. Any ideas where I can purchase a replacement relay for this board at all - DC solid state relay D3P-054 (HF29) I'm guessing its the relay and not the resistor or cap. The feedback is in the on position at all times - swap it over with the other 2 player board and all is fine. Finding it hard to get a manual for this as well if you have any links?
    Thanks in advance - Rob

It is an SSR comment type 4Amp SSR

You can find it at jaycar or digikey

Comment

Thanks Bally, you are a legend.

Comment

outrunners manual?

Originally posted by lookin View Post
        Finding it hard to get a manual for this as well if you have any links?
        Have you had any luck locating a scan?

Comment

have you guys tried,
          http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Arcad...nd_Schematics/
          not sure if their outrun is the same as the one you are looking for?
          If it isn't broke then don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by serviceit View Post
            Already looked there, thanks.

There's nothing like mine, even ignoring the .au modifications by LAI.

Comment

What about this one?
              http://www.segaarcade.com/archive/outrun2.aspx#bottom
              If it isn't broke then don't fix it!

Comment

Yeah tried there as well. Lots of Outrun versions but no Outrunners about.

Comment

I could be wrong but i have seen outrunners 2 called outrun 2.
                  I know of a sited machine locally that is called outrunners 2... Great game (i just bought it on ps3 for $15)I know the op and could probably russle it up but it won't happen quickly.

Comment

Nah, different game. Its only called "Outrunners" (twin).
                    To be honest - I Fcuked up, I replaced the faulty relay for the steering motor (force feedback) and all was well. I thought I would swap the relay boards with each other (still powered up - why I don't know) and I put it in one pin out and it blew the relay straight away as well as no more force feedback. I have replaced both relays but still nothing. Thats why I need the schematics to see what else I blew. Apart from that the game runs well.
                    Any help would be great please.

Comment

Originally posted by ajd4096 View Post
                      Already looked there, thanks.

There's nothing like mine, even ignoring the .au modifications by LAI.
                      naughty naughty for not turning machine off.. I've got 2 machines with forcefeedback s/wheels and BOTH have 110volts running them... lucky you didnt get shot.
                      You'll have the same problems I've got with a Namco RaveRacer... the stupid thing looks like nothing on klov, except a bit like RidgeRacer, but it's made in Usa, but uses Happ bits everwhere,no force feedback wheel but its definately Namco badges/plated. Guess it must be made by an American LAI type company under licence. BTW you can't take it inside a house... too wide, 88cms, to fit through swinging doors even after you strip all the plastic shit off it

Comment

Hmm, I know I KNOW. Still does'nt help find a fcucking schematic. Sorry mate a little frustrated and on the BUNDY atm. What games you got?

Comment

Nah, different game. Its only called "Outrunners" (twin).
                          Mine uses the System Multi 32 board like this:
                          http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=710
                          but with an extra board for the networking, about the same size as the rom board.

I've got the same control panels and marquee as this:
                          http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=710&page=1#1970
                          but my monitors are 50" 110v rear-projection TVs modified to feed RGBS in directly, and my cars look more like the wiggles big red car. I assume that LAI imported the boards, controls, and marquee and built the rest locally.

To be honest - I Fcuked up, I replaced the faulty relay for the steering motor (force feedback) and all was well. I thought I would swap the relay boards with each other (still powered up - why I don't know) and I put it in one pin out and it blew the relay straight away as well as no more force feedback. I have replaced both relays but still nothing. Thats why I need the schematics to see what else I blew. Apart from that the game runs well.
                          Any help would be great please.
                          1st step - check the signal on the 2-pin connector on the relay board.
                          If that's ok the rest is just a simple transformer/rectifier/capacitor/relay/motor. The rest of the control panel will function without the FF.

Comment

Ta mate, I'll give it a go in the morning - on the Bundy atm.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X