Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

final fight pcb

bwodie

Question

i bought a final fight off ebay. when it arrived it was DOA.

you could buy a working final fight for less

I'll probably be labelled biased or whatever, but I don't really care at the moment. I think buying cheap boards is what got the young fella in trouble in the first place. Gatherer I'm not singling you out here. You've got an excellent reputation. I just don't want to point the guy back to eBay to take his chances a second time.

Moral of the story - buy from trusted sellers only. Preferably ones who can show you the board working before you hand your cash over.

Bwodie if you do buy a new board, please consider selling/donating the busted board to any one of the dozens of people on this forum who will revive it rather than let another good PCB go to the big JAMMA cab in the sky. You can offset the cost of a new board by selling a known busted-yet-repairable board, and still know that it will go to a caring family rather than the bin.

you could buy a working final fight for less than that i may even have one in the lastest buy i just did let you know sunday

Last few EBAY sales I saw for Final Fight went for $100~$120 rarely see it go cheaper than that... Still cheaper to fix it or you can take another gamble and buy EBAY or whatever.

We sell with warranty for $165, you may think thats expensive but its not to bad if you factor in the fact that I am local and provide backup.

Plus there is always room to haggle on them anyway ;)

Elvis is right also... Dont throw the board away... I will buy it for $20

hhhhhhhmmmmmm you will buy it for 20 bucks but you sell it for $165 ?? i guess you have a business to run

every board i sell gets bench ran for 24 hours and any componant replaced as required the problem is for all the bad sellers on ebay there are plenty of good ones you dont have to run a shop to be honest or to offer warranty or for back up anyone who has had trouble with a pcb from me has posted it to me at my cost repaired or replaced and sent back to them at my cost im not singling anyone out im just making a point that not everone will burn the guy its just how some shops have made arcade so expensive however i quess its expensive to run a shop with staff ect ect

Gatherer mate, absolutely no offense intend, but PLEASE throw a few full-stops and other punctuation in there. Your posts are really difficult to read, which is a shame because you honestly have some important stuff to say.

Sorry for the off-topic. Back to the discussion at hand...

Gatherer mate, absolutely no offense intend, but PLEASE throw a few full-stops and other punctuation in there. Your posts are really difficult to read, which is a shame because you honestly have some important stuff to say.

Sorry for the off-topic. Back to the discussion at hand...

Don't suck ass just say "Gatherer you dead shit, put some full stops in FFS!"

:lol

• Administrators

Sorry to say but this is all starting to sound Jay Peeish. 100% working this ebay is evil blah blah that.

I have to say that 99% of the sellers on ebay i have bought from want to keep their good rep. If a seller says a board is 100% I give them the benifit of the doubt. I know all too well that selling and buying any pcb is risky considering the age.

Giving people warranties on pcbs is a risky game specially when you factor in people with little to no experience installing them and parts that are no easily replaced like customs. Old boards are fine, 95% of them are just common logic stuff.

A common failure on these CPS1 boards is the top C board where the CPS-0B-21 (or equivalent) SMD dies.

Personally I think its shit lucky dip hardware and only like 2 or 3 games on CPS1 anyway.

The whole sprit of this forum is to HAVE A GO, so have a go fixing your final fight :)

Gey Pee use to say all that stuff to me "Why risk buying a board from ebay when you can buy them from me 100% tested and working" Fact of the matter is I bought more good pcbs off ebay much cheaper then his shit.

He also use to tell me 80% of the pcbs on ebay are faulty and no good. Funny thing was he had no problem buying them so i'm guessing this was to put people off so he could buy them himself and sell them at a 300% markup.

hhhhhhhmmmmmm you will buy it for 20 bucks but you sell it for $165 ?? i guess you have a business to run

Its dead remember, it wont fix itself and that cost money.

Also Arcade King I dont want to sound like Poo Jabba either but honestly not every game I purchased "working" from EBAY worked and when I check with the seller the game was never actually tested or its being sold for an operator friend.

I would say maybe 15% of what I buy has defects (some of them not immediatly noticable)

As a hobby I play around with all things arcade.

As a business I have to cover some things and those things are called expenses, Just because I offer to do something doesnt mean I should get a flaming about this or that, not everyone knows how to fix or has the spare parts or time to fix a game.

My mamma always told me... you cant say something nice then say nothing at all.:D

• Administrators

I'm not flaming you mate I'm just encouraging people to have a go for themself and I'm not trying to single you out just talking generally.

I got jack of operator fucks and techs telling me "Everybody who walks in here who has tried fixing PCBs give up because its too hard" and "backyarders dont know shit" I was determined to prove them wrong!

My bad experiences the formentioned clown and others had put me off Arcade to the point where I was ready to chuck in the towel. Who ever would thought so much drama could come out of something that was suppose to be fun.

I'm only being realistic on the warranties thing, You will get newbies who have little experience installing game boards frying them then bringing them back for a refund or repair saying "this didnt work". I just hope you take the time to show them how they are installed so you avoid any costly and angry customers.

Best of luck to you anyway :)

alright thanks for the thread take over lol

j/k

the ebayer was extremely honest, i told him it didnt work and he refunded immediatly and didnt even want the board back

i just swapped the top board onto another motherboard and now i have a 100% working minty final fight :)

thinking of contacting the guy, but i bought it 2 years ago on an ebay account taht doesnt exist.

also really appreciate the offers of help and replacement boards guys :)

Final fight has to be one of the best bash'em'ups ever created !

Is this the part where I piss the arcade fanboys off and say I prefer "Streets of Rage 2" on MegaDrive? It had far more depth and a bloody insane range of moves. Definitely my pick for best scrolling biffo ever. Final Fight definitely comes in at number 2. Although the SNES versions of Final Fight 2 and 3 weren't bad either, but could never top the original. (Doncha just love a game with "Final" in the title that gets a sequel?).

It's a pity Streets of Rage 3 was such pants. So much potential wasted, it was a crime!

Yeah... here's me derailing yet another thread. Time for bed.

I didnt mind Vandetta and Die Hard was good to play with a mate. Final Fight is a classic though, i love it. I havnt played Streets of Rage 2, my Megadrive was bought in Hong Kong and only played the ice hockey game from the local vid shop :badgrin It came with a couple 25in1 type carts that didnt work either.

Not played Streets of Rage 2?!?!?!

Seriously, fire up a MegaDrive emulator and check it out. Do yourself a favour first and read up on all the special moves. There's only three buttons, but well over 20 different things you can do depending on the moves you pull off. It's a lot deeper than what presents at face value.

I just desuicided a qsound punisher on the weekend and I have to say its hell cool.

Yeah I do like that one. Alien vs Predator too. Both excellent examples of not only what can be done with a good comic book license, but a good old fashioned scrolling beat 'em up too.