Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

street fighter II Jamma Board

graf

Question

7 answers to this question

the reason being is that i got 4 boards. 3 out of the 4 board there is gfx but no sound. on the 4th board there is sound and no gfx.

The cps 1 SF II system is 3 boards. A Big board, B daughter board and C cpu board (I call them those for now).

The gfx on the first 3 boards play up when you leave the game running and when the game goes to example play as the system select p1 and p2 (the charters are good) but everything else is @#$@#$@#$.

I have swap these daughter boards with each main baord. But only one of the main baords has sound hmmm.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these problems ? Anybody in brisbane with a working CPS1 SFII baord can help me out ?

the reason being is that i got 4 boards. 3 out of the 4 board there is gfx but no sound. on the 4th board there is sound and no gfx.

The cps 1 SF II system is 3 boards. A Big board, B daughter board and C cpu board (I call them those for now).

The gfx on the first 3 boards play up when you leave the game running and when the game goes to example play as the system select p1 and p2 (the charters are good) but everything else is @#$@#$@#$.

I have swap these daughter boards with each main baord. But only one of the main baords has sound hmmm.

Any ideas on how to fix either of these problems ? Anybody in brisbane with a working CPS1 SFII baord can help me out ?

So what you are saying is that on 3 of the A boards the characters (text, etc) are good, but the sprites (in-game fighters) are garbage? ...or is it the other way around?

If all 3 A boards show the same problem. I would call that almost so rare as to be near impossible. So maybe the problem is elsewhere...are you sure you have the ROMs in the right sockets and right way around, etc?

Next check to see if the 4 board sockets on the A and B are clean, no bent pins etc.

the intro (when the guy punches the other is fine). GFX error when the comp is select players to fight itself. I think the system reboots cause you don't see the fight start

all the boards are clean. i got some pcb spray cleanner and i gave it a good clean. then I let it dry and used a air blowner to get rid of any other crap in it. I have the roms in the right order . I will take a pic of the board that is daughter baord. The only thing that I havn't swap are the roms. Some of the roms from the other boards are damaged bad. I will have to start swaping them and then testing it.

GFX problems are the most common problem on CPS boards, I suspect the video ram to be at fault with most of the units I have that are bad. You will need some skill removing the ram without damaging the PCB and since there are about 12 or so you will also need some time / skill / luck finding the bad ones and farming good ones of other doner boards.

Of course the video/GFX chip could be bad but from what I have seen it all looks like ram.

Sound could be any of a few chips, Z-80, A yamaha and an OKI (I think) sound ships an amp three or so OP AMPS, Sound RAM, sound ROMs ect.

Or I could fix them for you ;)