Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mortal Kombat - will it work on all monitors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat - will it work on all monitors?

I have a MK1 PCB that one of these days I'm going to get around to building a Supergun for...
    I remember hearing its video refresh rate is a little weird... 53Hz or something?

Has anyone else wired one up to a Supergun? What sort of video conversion? Any issues with the display?

If I can't get it to display on a TV (or PC monitor, or Amiga monitor that I'll hopefully have soon...) will a TV modded with a Jomacs universal chassis be able to display it properly?

MK! uses the standard 15hz so thats all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Adeptus
      I remember hearing its video refresh rate is a little weird... 53Hz or something?
      53Hz is the vertical refresh. The vertical refresh is only half of the equation when calculating the monitor's horizontal sync.

Crazy long arsed explanation here:
      http://easymamecab.mameworld.net/html/monitor1.htm

Or just take our word for it that it's still a 15KHz mode and OK to use on any 15KHz display, including a standard res arcade monitor or low-def TV.
      | |

Comment

Originally posted by elvis
        Or just take our word for it that it's still a 15KHz mode and OK to use on any 15KHz display, including a standard res arcade monitor or low-def TV.
        Sounds good to me

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X