Anything to do with repairs.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power wiring

Hi. I've come back to a build after a couple of years and was wondering if anyone is able to assist.

I've wired this power connector based on some advice I got and the power supply of my Pandora 4 to the jamma harness.

I'm wondering if what I've done is correct and where the 2 cables from the connector go to on the supply?

Thanks

Ok firstly that wiring is unsafe. You are dealing with 240 volts and seeing copper in those crimps IMO is not a good start.
    You need to redo those connections with the actual stripped wire being shorter.

As for your question the bottom 3 connections are for your 240 V in with the 3rd up from the bottom being ground which you also need to install for safety.
    Then once that is done you can go on with installing your Neutral and Active to the bottom 2 points. I cannot remember the order but plenty of posts on here will show you wiring power supplies.

Lastly I'm really not too keen on those switches at all. I have always directly wired an extension cord to the power supply in my cabinets or for cabinets running LCD screens etc a power board placed inside the cabinet. Then power at completion of use is always turned off at the power point.

Comment

Hey thanks for the reply.

So are you suggesting to just wire up an extension cord directly to the power supply? That seems a lot cleaner and I'd feel more comfortable doing it that way.

Comment

Giving AC mains wiring advice to a NOVICE will land someone in court if someone Dies or Injured. Also think about years later & he sells it..... Seek an Electrician if your asking how to do this.

Comment

You're

Comment

Originally posted by Ndz9185 View Post
            You're
            Marvelous we have a new Homepin here to correct everyone's grammar. Didn't work out for him either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndz9185 View Post
              Hey thanks for the reply.

So are you suggesting to just wire up an extension cord directly to the power supply? That seems a lot cleaner and I'd feel more comfortable doing it that way.
              It is an option that I have used with success and much easier IMO

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X