Collapse

Anything to do with repairs.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, that spare tube I mentoned is very similar and all the magnetic rings are intact but the sleeve / frame which holds them together was broken, just crumblng away unfortunately.

If you think yours will come off without breaking I´ll send you the rings to go on it - there´s just the one clamp to undo but be careful if it´s stuck to the rubber / tape around the tube neck.

Otherwise - someone else may have a dead tube they can spare and get their convergence ring assembly off intact?

Regards, John
    more from John's Retro Workshop - www.jbtech.linkpc.net

Comment

Originally posted by jbtech View Post
      Hi, that spare tube I mentioned is very similar and all the magnetic rings are intact but the sleeve / frame which holds them together was broken, just crumbling away unfortunately.

If you think yours will come off without breaking I´ll send you the rings to go on it - there´s just the one clamp to undo but be careful if it´s stuck to the rubber / tape around the tube neck.

Otherwise - someone else may have a dead tube they can spare and get their convergence ring assembly off intact?

Regards, John
      I took the CRT off the marketplace and I'm going to try taking this sleeve/frame/bracket today at some stage (the white bit at the bottom that the clamp goes on right?) and take you up on the offer of the rings. Thank you for the great help you have been. Postage will be forthcoming once we organise it. See what I like about this is I get to engage in fixing something rather than giving up.

I put the LCD back in for now. I must say the LCD is so much easier all round and of course the picture is bright, clean and full, but it feels like playing on MAME now!
      That CRT feeling once you see it working just feels different, authentic.

Comment

New single player (right handers only sorry!) control panel from Brendan Richards extraordinaire. Great work for the price $110, in my opinion, something I could never do. Doing up the custom Photoshop control panel graphic now for the print shop. It has to be different from the original design to fit the panel with sweet button positions.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	CPO.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	2194874 + Click image for larger version

Name:	CPO2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	2194873= AWSOME SAUCE!
        Last edited by gsuttor; Yesterday, 10:01 AM. Reason: MIssing images

Comment

OK random question regarding convergence rings, what happens to the image if they are not there? What is the result on screen?
          What if one or 2 are missing only? Just curious due to my current damaged rings issues.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 2 (guests)
          Working...
          X