Collapse

Anything to do with repairs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sega Naomi 2 Motherboard faulty

I have an issue with a Sega Naomi 2 Motherboard that I was hoping someone could help me with.

Machine worked fine when last powered up around 6 months ago. As I'm in the process of moving house, I thought I would advertise them for sale as they never get played and are taking up much needed space.

So I turned them on and one machine is displaying "No Signal".

Definitely a Motherboard issue and I know the fans can cause this fault. Despite one sounding noisy, a swap over didn't rectify the fault.

No longer have the equipment or time to spend hours looking at this. Can anyone point me in the direction I should be looking, or preferably, is there anyone in the Brisbane/Gold Coast area that has any experience fixing these boards and would be able to have a look for me.

TIA. Any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

So I've noticed that possibly the supercap may have leaked and unfortunately damaged the via next to it.☹
    Doesn't appear to be any local stock so will need to order from OS and wait a week. However, i have ordered quite a few items from RS lately that have had to be dispatched from the UK and had up to a 3 week wait in one instance.

Comment

You can fix the traces and run it without the supercap. That cap is well known for eating traces around it. Look and see how far the oily residue from the cap has leaked and use some naptha and QTips to clean it.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
      Working...
      X