Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

412 in 1 Game Elf with no controls

Columbo

Question

I have two 412 in 1 Game Elfs. One was working and one was not working. I tried switching the SD cards from the working elf to the non-working one but that didn’t work. I put the SD card back into the working elf but now, when I boot it up the main screen displays but the joystick does not work in the menu and none of the buttons work either. If I go into the config, everything is set up properly and when testing the joystick and the buttons in the config IO they all seem to be working normally. It’s just when it boots up to the main menu that nothing works.

Anyone have any suggestions as to cause or cure?

8 answers to this question

As I mentioned above,... I set the config for free play and free browse.

How'd you go mate? Get it working? If you have access to another cabinet then at least you can begin the process of elimination by ruling out the unit. I've heard that these chinese things can come with some terrible solder joints. I've heard solder can be across multiple pins.

I haven't got it working yet. I have a feeling that somehow the SD card has become corrupt. I heard that there is a SD card image that gets around the issue of the SD card having to have a matching serial number but I can't find out where to get it. If I could find an image like that I could re write the SD card and see if a corrupt card is the problem.