Anything to do with repairs.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortal Kombat - screen problem after being moved

Hi,

Removalists dropped my MK machine down a few steps, and now when turning on the picture is all distorted. See attached photo.

it looks like it boots up ok (minus sound) as I can kind of make out the boot sequence and it changes as I press start etc

Can anyone suggest where I should even start with trying to figure out what is wrong? I am a useless with electronics, so please be gentle with me.

Or is there anyone in Melb that does home arcade machine repairs? Obviously after COVID restrictions are lifted of course.

I made some progress myself fiddling with the horizonal position, but after adjusting as best as I can this is what I can get.

Comment

Looks like you have lost either the video ground, or the video sync connection between the board and the monitor. The 1st picture looks my sync'y and the second looks more video groundy.

I'd reseat the JAMMA connector first.
      Sic transit gloria Atari!

Comment

I would check all the wiring/connectors as this is where most problems start. If unsure post a few photo's. but to me it looks out of adjustment??

Comment

Thanks - I first will re-seat and check all the connectors on the boards and see if I can find any broken wires too. Might need to be a weekend job for me!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X