Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Donkey Kong US Cab - monitor repair NSW?

mrjamma

Question

Hey guys

Trying to help out a mate who owns a US import Donkey Kong cab

The monitor tube is Sanyo (model 510UTB22), and Chassis says JAPAN EZV 1150523 , and 20-5E DJR (I think they may be just known as a 20-EZV chassis)

Had a chat with Joey and unfortunately he can only work on them if the entire tube+chassis is sent together, which poses danger to damaging the tube, not to mention 2 ways of freight costs.

Before looking into a different tube+chassis , was wondering if someone in Sydney works on repairing these?

The issues are:

Intermittent shaking of picture

Blue colour , and now subsequently red colour gone. It did have all colours prior to failure. Now its just green picture.

The PCB works perfectly in another cabinet, so looking to be purely a monitor issue.

Playing with the Hold settings made no difference to shaking. When blue colour died, I played with the pots on the neckboard - the pots would make changes for Green/Red, but not blue, no reaction at all. Since red has died , I havent tried touching the pots again as I havent been back to his place, but i imagine the red wont react now either

I was going to give the transistors a go on the neck board, to at least see if colour can be restored (and he could temporarily live with the shaking for the time being), but no idea about where to get 2SC1507 transistors locally, unless someone knows of an equivalent?

I believe this to be the schematic: https://www.arcade-museum.com/manual...Schematics.pdf

Edit - mate found a local guy who picked up the tube and chassis and took it away for repair and returned it back to him working. Said a lot of caps were stuffed , resistors and other things. In any case its working now.

Edited by mrjamma

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet