Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Arcade crt chassie help

Pac daddy

Question

Hi guys new to the forum but read many posts on here for years finally aquired my own street fighter 2 cabinet made by leisure and allied industries

brought it home to find it had nothing showing on the screen but sound and game is running

I turned the screen button up on the flyback on the crt chassie and now i have only grey screen with bars

I tried to fiddle with plugs to see if there loose but everything seems sweet

The guy i got it off said its been in his garage for 20years

i pulled the crt chasdie to see if anything looks suspect but im no professional but i cant even find a name on it

any pointers would be great

Thanks guys

20200702_202539.thumb.jpg.ca6cf05c4a73d463c9e62f3df4df6744.jpg

20200702_202525.thumb.jpg.82c897d0db6c37e9b08de3a3d58b489e.jpg

20200702_202500.thumb.jpg.2ef5283e5c61429018d8504bea6c2efc.jpg

10 answers to this question

Looks pretty damn close to a Kortek KTX26, just with connectors for remote adjustments.

https://www.jomac.net.au/wp-content/...rtek-KTX26.jpg

Your best bet is to contact Joey (Jomac), he'll be able to tell you the options. Generally its easier to get the existing chassis serviced, than bodge in a yum-cha chassis from eBay that won't be a good match for the tube.

Joey has serviced a few of my cab chassis over the years and the picture have always been stunning.

• Like 1

Hey mate i just called joey out of coincides as you posted he said sounds like no signal to check my board so i did and realised the white cable from the plug shown isnt in on the jamma board side

what are these cable for

Im going to put the monitor chassie back in and find out what that cable is hopfully video signal?

15936896151178254677511469658130.thumb.jpg.509c228ab6a126b4f3a5c86b6800ddc4.jpg

83c5d2ac05e265e822b2e7ba65f7f01f.thumb.jpg.1e270e0bd9f8aa4fa4272210f5cc1c3b.jpg

ed397bc1719d309cb6176466109035a8.thumb.jpg.cb730678db264720bc005a5e5e44e0fa.jpg

Ive unplugged it at the moment from the crt chassie to take a picture

but on the jamma side connection looks like the white cable/pin is not connected on the jamma board side as shown with attached picture i have a jamma board connection diagram but no sure what the white cable is

It looks intentional, the chassis can take two type of sync signal so that wire is unused. You will probably find the yellow wire goes to the pin next to the green wire on the jamma harness, for the sync that is used.

Damm what else could be the problem

its heart breaking hearing the game sound but no video so close but so far haha

I put the crt chassie back screen still grey no game picture no matter what brightness or focus toggle i try

any suggestions im located in sydney but im not familar with anyone that knows about them

I suspect you still have a chassis fault, assuming it is set up correctly.

The only options for this issue are

1) Cabling issue, it is worth checking that the video cable goes where it should. Google "JAMMA pinout" - the 5 wires should connect up like this.

Red wire = Video Red

Green wire = Video Green

Blue wire = Video Blue

Black wire = Video ground (or PCB ground)

Yellow wire = Video Sync

2) PCB fault, but if you can hear the game running then any fault would have to be right at the video output stage, it's possible but low on the probability scale. I would hook up another JAMMA board to completely rule out the PCB, but I suspect you'll still get no image with a second board. There is a very slight chance that the monitor chassis is killing the video output on boards, extremely unlikely, but dont test with a $1000 Cave PCB.

The PCB by the connector on the chassis is probably labelled up with R/G/B etc, so just double check it there too.

3) Its still a chassis fault, Joey is your best bet.

Thanks mate ill see if i can get my hands on another working jamma board to test and see if picture comes up if not ill send away the crt chassie to joey hopfully he can find something i dont want to to put a lcd screen in

theres a guy eric in narellan called myarcade.com

has anyone dealt with him before

Hey guys just an update

i was able to get my hands on my friends pandora box 4 hd jamma version to eliminate if my original board is outputting sound but no video

i plugged it in and i started to adjust h pos focus as i seen a faint picture

bammm my crt was back to life picture looked so good i love crt not sure why only 2 buttons worked but joystick was fine

Thats another problem for a later date

now my issue is my street fighterfighter Board has a video problem so im happy i have progress but not sure if its a easyer fix or worse than me thinking a crt chassie