Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Daytona power supply issue

fd_kid

Question

Wondering if anyone can help with a power supply issue from Daytona 1?

I turn on my Daytona today after a long while & I get the low 5vdc glitch screen.

Checking the 5v on the PCB CPU the board is only getting 4.5vdc.

Adjusting the V4 pot to the maximum brings it up only to 4.6vdc.

Can I "repair" the PSU in anyway?

Btw this is a single player cab so I can't grab another PSU to check

Thanks.

12 answers to this question

• Administrators

These weren't compatible with Daytona 1

Will replace the caps in the PSU & see if it helps

There is a lot more to those PSU's than just replacing the caps. If you try and fix it yourself and fail, you wont be able to send it to Jomac as he will not touch something that someone has tried to repair themselves. Its just not worth it, and I can totally understand why, and I do the same.

• Super Moderator

There is a lot more to those PSU's than just replacing the caps. If you try and fix it yourself and fail, you wont be able to send it to Jomac as he will not touch something that someone has tried to repair themselves. Its just not worth it, and I can totally understand why, and I do the same.

Do you do repairs Mertyl??

I have a few gameboards:run:

I understand that "re-capping" the PSU might not solve the problem but I'll try it & see. I'm well versed in using my Denon desoldering tool so I'm not going to ruin the board.

I was hoping someone with some knowledge might have some advice on how to solve this issue that's all as I'm sure this would be one of the most repaired PSUs

• Administrators
There is a new version of that adapter coming which will instead have screw terminals with labels for the color of the wires, seeing as Sega use wierd colour codes, and a blank version like the old the old one for users to transfer the connectors from their old psu onto.