Unstable clock waveform - Atari Sprint 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unstable clock waveform - Atari Sprint 2

I preface my question with the fact I'm very inexperienced. I'm back learning on an Atari Sprint 2 PCB now that we are all locked inside. To start I ensured there's a good 5v, The clock reaches the CPU but looks like this across the board. All jumping around. Is this ok? If wrong what would cause it? Cheers

Sure your using the CRO correctly. According to that reading your 5v is 11.88 max & 6.20 low also showing sin-wave which is an AC waveform so you need to set the CRO to read DC which will display a flat line unless you have some AC leakage. A multi-meter is a better tool for voltage reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
      Sure your using the CRO correctly. According to that reading your 5v is 11.88 max & 6.20 low also showing sin-wave which is an AC waveform so you need to set the CRO to read DC which will display a flat line unless you have some AC leakage. A multi-meter is a better tool for voltage reading.
      Correct, if the CRO was set to AC and reading the DC supply, then the AC is a sign that the filter capacitors are not doing there job properly. That much AC on the 5VDC rail could cause problems. Keep at it, and keep asking questions on the forum, its how we all learn stuff

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys.

Comment

Thanks again for the assistance. I found a youtube tutorial on DC coupling and trigger points. A nice steady waveform now. I'm learning!

Comment

Remember a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You can do more damage than you started with if little information. Study your subject..

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
            Working...
            X