VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claw Machine - Machine resetting when claw is retracted after dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jake0837 View Post
    Would agree possible board issue - Have you checked power supply outputs? Also, what happens if you disconnect the coil of the claw and run the machine? does it still reset?

What is the coil of the claw?

Comment

Originally posted by Gameworx View Post
      Hi, I know these well. Would almost 100% say power supply. Take the battery of the pcb also you don't need it.
      do you suggest checking the Power Supply outputs and remove if there is a problem and removing the battery from the board entirely?

do you know where I could get a replacement power supply, most power supply on ebay/AliExpress are 24v/12v/5v, this one is 48v/24v/12v/5v

Attached Files

Comment

If the battery is leaking like most have definitely take it off. Is only there to keep credits in memory in case of power loss.
        the supply will measure ok but under load dropped out. I normally wire a weiya P2040 supply in

Contact Amusinc here in Aus tell him it is a feolli toy story pcb he normally has a kit for them.

Comment

Thanks Gameworx. I see Amusinc is located in Sunshine West in Vic so not too far. I'll give them a call and see what they think.

Is the board exactly the same as the Toy Story ones?

Comment

No worries. Sure is, they supplied kits to other manufacturers

Comment

I uploaded a quick video to show the problem. Hope this helps diagnose the problem

Dropbox - claw-machine.mp4 - Simplify your life

Comment

So I contacted Amusinc and they suggested that the problem was one of the motors.

What do you all think?

​​​​​​​If I purchase the motor and install it and the problem is not the motor, I can't return it to them so wanna make sure it is the motor before purchasing it.

Comment

So I move the motors around to see if the problem has shifted but the problem is still present.

I have noticed that the claw will work if i dont move it back, just to the left and do the drop. So it seems the resetting only happens if the claw has moved back any amount.

Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? Do you think its the limit micro switch that is a problem?

Comment

I agree with Gameworx to check the PSU first, but It could also be a broken wire or a wire that has worn through in the harness for the claw and motors which is shorting to the case.

Edit: After having a better look at the images, it looks like that psu has some rather swelled caps, not to mention the brand of cap is cheap and nasty and known for failure.
                    -- http://www.2000cn.com.au
                    Business Web and Email Hosting and Spam filtering

Comment

Originally posted by cwispy View Post
                      I agree with Gameworx to check the PSU first, but It could also be a broken wire or a wire that has worn through in the harness for the claw and motors which is shorting to the case.

Edit: After having a better look at the images, it looks like that psu has some rather swelled caps, not to mention the brand of cap is cheap and nasty and known for failure.

I was playing around with some of the settings for the claw and found that if i increase the weak voltage to above 30V the claw works fine
                      so I've set the voltages to
                      - Strong: 38V,
                      - Medium: 20V
                      - Weak: 31V

and the machine works fine but its not an ideal setup. Does this look more like a PSU problem now with the new information I provided?

I am also having a coin mech problems, when I insert a coin the machine does a reset and the counter LCD counts down.
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X