Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA Harness Label Stickers- All types

Collapse

Anything to do with repairs.

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    oops - nevermind...

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by dezbaz View Post
      Joe, do you need a chart or a edge connector sticker?

      There's too much info to fit on an edge connector that's all

      This info will fit on the edge conn
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]26064[/ATTACH]

      I need to know which side is parts and solder please, or does that not apply?
      Thanks Dez , A chart would be great , something I that can be printed out and put inside these cabs , I know what all the colors mean just looking at them but I constantly being asked what the colors represent.
      Numbers were always referred to as the Part Side but doesn't really apply to the LAI universal connector because it never actually connected to any game board.

      A couple of things on that link Narf and Gibo are talking about , Pin 10 is labeled Horizontal Sync , this is wrong , 10 is Vertical Sync , Pin 11 is labeled wrong as Vertical/Composite Sync , when it is supposed to be Horizontal Comp Sync.

      Also one major mistake is the reference to Hankin , Universal wiring was only used by LAI it was their own standard, David Hankin ( Hankin )were an opposition company that never had any affiliation with LAI.
      There was a time when Hankin cocktails were available as empty shells ,as were Gotlieb cocktails and uprights , some people purchased full wiring harnesses from LAI and fitted them to these cabs but most were wired to their own wiring system and colors .

      Comment


      • #33
        Ah interesting joey

        speaking of labels what about cp pinouts in jamma cabs. Got the colour codes at home that is all
        you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jomac View Post
          Hi Dez , A lot of people ask me what all the colours mean used by LAI in all their machines , LAI had all their cabinet wiring custom made by Burton cables so apart from the standard plain colours like red , black etc most of the colours used were LAI only colorus.

          If you can make up a sheet with the LAI universal wiring edge connector with the wiring colours beside the appropriate pins it would be a great reference for people.

          Note that the standard 22way LAI universal harness on the solder side is missing certain letters , this was intentionally done by them to prevent confusion between numbers and letters that look like numbers , EG: G , I , O and Q are not present.

          All the colours used in the original Universal harness where also used with later machines wired for Jamma. , As a point of interest LAI never made a 20" upright Lowboy or Cocktail / Table wired to Jamma .


          A. +12v Orange 1. +5v Red
          B. +12v Orange 2. +5v Red
          C. P2Sw3 Violet / Gray stripe 3. P1 Sw3 Violet / Blue stripe
          D.Coin 1 Black / Orange stripe 4.P1 Start Blue / Yellow stripe
          E. Coin 2 5.P2 Start Gray / Red stripe
          F. Counter1 Orange / Green stripe 6. (Slam/Tilt not used) Replaced with Test Sw Gray
          H. Service Gray / White stripe 7. Vid Red
          J.Counter 2 Red / Green stripe 8. Vid Green
          K. Spkr - Black / White stripe 9. Vid Blue
          L. Spkr + Brown / White stripe 10.H-Sync White / Red stripe
          M.P1left Brown / Black stripe 11.V-Sync White / Green stripe
          N.P2 left Orange / Brown stripe 12. Vid Gnd Black
          P. P1 right Black / Yellow stripe 13. P1 Sw2 Blue
          R. P2 right Orange / Red stripe 14. P2 Sw2 Blue / White stripe
          S.P1 up Blue / Orange stripe 15. Gnd Black
          T. P2 up Orange / Blue stripe 16. Gnd Black
          U. P1 down Yellow 17. Gnd Black
          V.P2 down White / Yellow stripe 18. Gnd Black
          W. P1 Sw1 Green / Blue stripe 19. Gnd Black
          X. P2 Sw1 Blue / Green stripe 20. Not used
          Y. -12v Violet 21. -5v White
          Z. -12v Violet 22. -5v White
          Joe in your original post you have written that pin 10 is horizontal sync and pin 11 is vertical sync,also you have the colours around the wrong way for 10 and 11.Pin 11 comp sync is white/red stripe

          Originally posted by Jomac View Post
          Thanks Dez , A chart would be great , something I that can be printed out and put inside these cabs , I know what all the colors mean just looking at them but I constantly being asked what the colors represent.
          Numbers were always referred to as the Part Side but doesn't really apply to the LAI universal connector because it never actually connected to any game board.

          A couple of things on that link Narf and Gibo are talking about , Pin 10 is labeled Horizontal Sync , this is wrong , 10 is Vertical Sync , Pin 11 is labeled wrong as Vertical/Composite Sync , when it is supposed to be Horizontal Comp Sync.

          Also one major mistake is the reference to Hankin , Universal wiring was only used by LAI it was their own standard, David Hankin ( Hankin )were an opposition company that never had any affiliation with LAI.
          There was a time when Hankin cocktails were available as empty shells ,as were Gotlieb cocktails and uprights , some people purchased full wiring harnesses from LAI and fitted them to these cabs but most were wired to their own wiring system and colors .
          Last edited by GIBO; 10 July 2011, 02:46 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by GIBO View Post
            Joe in your original post you have written that pin 10 is horizontal sync and pin 11 is vertical sync,also you have the colours around the wrong way for 10 and 11.Pin 11 comp sync is white/red stripe
            Oops thanks GIBO

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jomac View Post
              Hi Dez , A lot of people ask me what all the colours mean used by LAI in all their machines , LAI had all their cabinet wiring custom made by Burton cables so apart from the standard plain colours like red , black etc most of the colours used were LAI only colorus.

              If you can make up a sheet with the LAI universal wiring edge connector with the wiring colours beside the appropriate pins it would be a great reference for people.

              Note that the standard 22way LAI universal harness on the solder side is missing certain letters , this was intentionally done by them to prevent confusion between numbers and letters that look like numbers , EG: G , I , O and Q are not present.

              All the colours used in the original Universal harness where also used with later machines wired for Jamma. , As a point of interest LAI never made a 20" upright Lowboy or Cocktail / Table wired to Jamma .


              A. +12v Orange 1. +5v Red
              B. +12v Orange 2. +5v Red
              C. P2Sw3 Violet / Gray stripe 3. P1 Sw3 Violet / Blue stripe
              D.Coin 1 Black / Orange stripe 4.P1 Start Blue / Yellow stripe
              E. Coin 2 5.P2 Start Gray / Red stripe
              F. Counter1 Orange / Green stripe 6. (Slam/Tilt not used) Replaced with Test Sw Gray
              H. Service Gray / White stripe 7. Vid Red
              J.Counter 2 Red / Green stripe 8. Vid Green
              K. Spkr - Black / White stripe 9. Vid Blue
              L. Spkr + Brown / White stripe 10.V-Sync White / Green stripe
              M.P1left Brown / Black stripe 11.H-Sync White / Red stripe
              N.P2 left Orange / Brown stripe 12. Vid Gnd Black
              P. P1 right Black / Yellow stripe 13. P1 Sw2 Blue
              R. P2 right Orange / Red stripe 14. P2 Sw2 Blue / White stripe
              S.P1 up Blue / Orange stripe 15. Gnd Black
              T. P2 up Orange / Blue stripe 16. Gnd Black
              U. P1 down Yellow 17. Gnd Black
              V.P2 down White / Yellow stripe 18. Gnd Black
              W. P1 Sw1 Green / Blue stripe 19. Gnd Black
              X. P2 Sw1 Blue / Green stripe 20. Not used
              Y. -12v Violet 21. -5v White
              Z. -12v Violet 22. -5v White
              Just finished a major project, so will get on to this now guys

              ---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

              Hey Joey / Guys
              So the one Gibo put up here . . .

              Click to enlarge


              1. Is it correct?
              2. Does it need more info? (Or less)
              3. What size / shape would be ideal?

              Cheers Joey
              Regards

              Dez

              DSB Electrical
              DSB Electrical Facebook
              VAPS
              Vector Monitor Repro Parts
              Amazing Arcading Facebook Page

              Another AA Visitor. Stay a while, stay FOREVER!

              Comment

              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
              Working...
              X