Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Logic probes

Virgil Tracy

Question

10 answers to this question

( RANT )

Dick Smiths has really gone to the dogs since they (and Tandy) were bought by ALH (who in turn was bought by Woolworths).

It looks like they are minimising their electronics stock and trying to become Harvey Norman :lol I mean, that just leaves Jaycar as the place to get bits.

Its not just the death of a hobby if these places go. Its the death of being able to make/invent your own electronics. Which will result in fewer electronic inventions from current generations and 0 from future generations as they wont have the access to take up the hobby.

Piss me off.

( /RANT )

Can anyone give me a part number? Want to make sure I get (if available) the right thing....

Also got the from Marvin's site

The Best Capacitor Tester - the ESR Meter.

There is yet another way to test capacitors. Called the ESR (Equivalent Series Resistance) or low ohms meter, this is the best way to test caps. This nifty device allows testing capacitors in-circuit, with extreme reliability. This works especially good for repairing video game monitors and power supplies, but is also useful for pinball. Testing of all the caps on a circuit board can be done in seconds, without removing the caps.

so with a Logic Probe, does the cap have to be removed?

Can anyone give me a part number? Want to make sure I get (if available) the right thing....

so with a Logic Probe, does the cap have to be removed?

They only sell one type of logic probe, as for the caps that should not matter as it is only used to test the output of the IC on the board.

( RANT )

Dick Smiths has really gone to the dogs since they (and Tandy) were bought by ALH (who in turn was bought by Woolworths).

It looks like they are minimising their electronics stock and trying to become Harvey Norman :lol I mean, that just leaves Jaycar as the place to get bits.

Its not just the death of a hobby if these places go. Its the death of being able to make/invent your own electronics. Which will result in fewer electronic inventions from current generations and 0 from future generations as they wont have the access to take up the hobby.

Piss me off.

( /RANT )

True. Like the death of Electronics Australia. At least Silicon Chip bought all their back catalog.

At least the guys at Jaycar know a bit about electronics. The DSE people are idiots.