Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Olympic Pokie Machine Help Needed

WOKA

Question

• Super Moderator

So I managed to get all the screen up and running and the pokie now starts up etc. However, I now get the message 'Machine Disabled' 'Machine out of service'..

Does anyone know anything about what the problem might be..? Can anyone fix it, will pay for time and effort etc. Would really like to get this working again, as it was working a while ago and since I've owned it.

Thanks.

22 answers to this question

• Super Moderator

It has a key switch to get into the settings etc and also to clear errors..

I just reset and it tell's me something about a NSW Link Error, and Disable Ports 1,2,3,4,5,6

:unsure

need the keys or hack the switch to get into the diagnostics mode. You should be able to switch it to freestanding mode. and play with all the other settings :D

IIRC, there are 2 keys for them.

So I managed to get all the screen up and running and the pokie now starts up etc. However, I now get the message 'Machine Disabled' 'Machine out of service'..

Does anyone know anything about what the problem might be..? Can anyone fix it, will pay for time and effort etc. Would really like to get this working again, as it was working a while ago and since I've owned it.

Thanks.

the reason it says this is cos it is not talking to a site controller.

the site controller is what tells it to turn off/on and what hours it is allowed to play.site controllers are located at licensed premises of trade.

this is an extra security mech built in to poker machines.

the reason being as like in this case of your machine is that poker machine repairers do tell lies about the machines being removed from the site and being destroyed.

god only knows why a repairer would want to lie on a stat dec as to the machine being destroyed is beyond me.

its not like your going to get the thing to work when you get it home any how.

this machine should have been destroyed and the repairer who removed it if he/she gets caught will end up in court.

having said that, i have read that machines from n.s.w can be made work via some little black box. they system they use in n.s.w is no where near is strict as in qld.

if it was mine, i would use it as a boat anchor.... god knows they are heavy enough to be.

• Super Moderator

However though, it did work fine previously as a stand alone.. Its only after I started fiddling with it that its deceided not to play ball :(

Will look more closely at the menus..

However though, it did work fine previously as a stand alone.. Its only after I started fiddling with it that its deceided not to play ball :(

Will look more closely at the menus..

did u ram clear it by any chance???

• Super Moderator
did u ram clear it by any chance???

RAM clear ir..? Dunno.. :unsure

Well just unfiddle it then

Great idea, I'll just unfiddle it, I'll be right onto it. Cheers..!

Check if there's any onboard batteries too, they might be flat.

yep there is... from memory they are wrapped in yellow crap on those. been ages since i looked at one.

check for corrosion as well on the mobo.

but if it were me... i would just burn the bastard of a thing

• Super Moderator

FIXED...!

Thanks to the 'Dubbo Duo' (I know Scott, your from Parkes :)) the old Olympic lives on, better than ever.. As suggested by Steve2000, the machine was simply 'unfiddled'.. I'd actaully reconneced the cable from the security board to the wrong spot on the main board..

Duh.. :tomato

These things happen, but all good things come to those that wait, so I'm happy I didn't piss the machine off for a lowball price..

Cheers fellas...!

Olympic poker machine help

need the keys or hack the switch to get into the diagnostics mode. You should be able to switch it to freestanding mode. and play with all the other settings :D

IIRC, there are 2 keys for them.

Has anyone got keys for an Olympic poker machine?