Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Kick harness attaching

Scotty T

Question

Hi Guys,

After what method you use to attach a kick harness to you existing Jamma cab..

I'm thinking if

a- splicing it into the existing harness near the CP and soldering it in.

b- getting some sore of wire taps and tapping into the harness

c - anything else.

Guess I'm after somthing that looks neat, got my kick harness from Bob Roberts (also got a jamma extension harness!! )

10 answers to this question

Hi Guys,

After what method you use to attach a kick harness to you existing Jamma cab..

I'm thinking if

a- splicing it into the existing harness near the CP and soldering it in.

b- getting some sore of wire taps and tapping into the harness

c - anything else.

Guess I'm after somthing that looks neat, got my kick harness from Bob Roberts (also got a jamma extension harness!! )

option a is the best it may take a bit longer but the results are 100% you cannot beat solder as a connector

i wouldnt pee on the wire splicing connectors that alot of autoelecs use they come loose after a few months and dont connect near as well as solder

Yes splicing into the CP so that you can remove or replace the CP with ease is the way to go. I use molex connectors for the CP wiring and run the extra wires down near the jamma connector that the kick harness connects to and use another molex to connect the kick harness into the wiring. This makes it easy for swapping mortal kombat and street fighter kick harnesses.

This is a neat system that has worked for me in my cabinet

Basically you nee dto wire up your extra six buttons, use Red, Blue and Green for each of the correpsding 4, 5,6 buttons and black for ground.

I then run these into a female portion standard 9 point connection block that you can buy at Jaycar or DSE with the 4, 5, 6 for p1 at the top, 4, 5, 5 for p2 at the bottom and the ground in the middle row

Then write the button number and player on the connecotr and you have a standrd connector that can be interchanged by simply plugging in a kick harness for MK2,3 or SF2 into the connector block

If i haven't explained this well I will post pics.

Ric

v similar

I attach the ground to mine too that appears to be only difference. V easy to setup and means that once you have a kick harness made up all you need to do is plug it into the cabinet. When you switch PCB's the harness satys on the PCB until next time.

I have similar setups for my 3P and 4P connections on my cabinet

Ric