No announcement yet.

Upgrading/Fixing Cabinet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=17156]redferatu[/MENTION] I was thinking about raspberry or arduino but it requires more work than i'm capable of.
    [MENTION=14100]Vadership[/MENTION] Its a 'vertical' cabinet(not bartop, regular one), I dont know how to check if its 2 or 3 sided.
    It has around 800 games.
    Neither me nor my friend are from 'downunder'
    I also think that new hard drive would be the easiest solution. But:
    1. can I find disc images online?
    2. I dont have pc that i can connect PATA disc to
    3. can I buy PATA disc with software and games online?
    [MENTION=17233]iborg[/MENTION] I also changed some cables to check if its not punctured wire.

Comment

Can you take a picture of the whole machine ?

Best thing to do is contact the place where the machine was purchased.
      Maybe they can send out a new HDD already loaded with everything.
      sigpicArcade Parts: www.vadership.com

Comment

I can't post photo of the whole cabinet, sorry. It was bougth at retailer and he doesn't sell hdd separately.

Comment

Originally posted by henryk1984 View Post
          I can't post photo of the whole cabinet, sorry. It was bougth at retailer and he dosnet sell only hdd.
          Without seeing a full picture of the machine, or knowing how many sides it is, then there's really no other help to give.
          I can point you to someone that should be able to supply a HDD, but without the above information, its going to be hard to tell you exactly which version HDD you need.
          Also if its a standard cocktail with a vertical orientated monitor, no pandora's box board will suit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadership View Post
            Without seeing a full picture of the machine, or knowing how many sides it is, then there's really no other help to give.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2019-03-27 at 10.38.56.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1847181

Comment

OK, a Pandora will suit that fine, the only trouble is you will have to wire up the 5th and 6th buttons for both players to the Jamma Harness.
              But if it were me, I would get a new HDD for what is already in there.
              I know someone that can do one for you, on a small SSD as well.
              Not sure what he charges, but I can find out if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, that machine is what we call an "upright arcade machine" with the monitor in "Horizontal" position.

Comment

By 'wire up' do you mean just switching cables on pins or some additional cables and soldering? Will SSD be compatible with this machine?

Comment

Soldering will be required for the 5th and 6th buttons.
                  The SSD mod plugs straight into the IDE connector on the motherboard.

Comment

Upgrading/Fixing Cabinet

This may just be a matter of fixing the boot partition/master boot record on the hard disk.

It may be possible to use a recovery utility to get the data off the drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

How dose you go?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                        How dose you go?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
                        Vadership helped me with clarifying what excatly do I need. But guy he told me to contact is not responding. I started looking for someone in UK, or generaly closer to europe, that also can help me.

Comment

I'm the guy not responding.
                          Sorry, but I haven't been getting any of the posts from AA.
                          I've only just now started getting notifications.
                          If you were in Australia, I'd happily send you a replacement drive for the cost of postage only.
                          I wouldn't feel happy about sending a mechanical drive overseas.
                          The drives in these boards are unreliable at the best of times. I always replace any I do with Ide Ssd, but they can get quite expensive.
                          Originally posted by henryk1984 View Post
                          Vadership helped me with clarifying what excatly do I need. But guy he told me to contact is not responding. I started looking for someone in UK, or generaly closer to europe, that also can help me.
                          Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by gronziess View Post
                            I'm the guy not responding.
                            Sorry, but I haven't been getting any of the posts from AA.
                            I've only just now started getting notifications.
                            If you were in Australia, I'd happily send you a replacement drive for the cost of postage only.
                            I wouldn't feel happy about sending a mechanical drive overseas.
                            The drives in these boards are unreliable at the best of times. I always replace any I do with Ide Ssd, but they can get quite expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                            Sure, no problem. Thanks for help anyway. And btw, are images of such drive available online?

Comment

A friend of mine also has a one of these Games Family machines with what I have definitely identified as a dead hard drive...I have tried to get in contact with Vadership both on here and email, but no response..a replacement HDD would obviously be ideal, but if we have to buy the complete kit (if that is an option, we will do that too)
                              Would we have to replace all the Jamma hardware as well? or can we just replace the mobo etc?

Cheers

Comment

[MENTION=14100]Vadership[/MENTION].

Odd thread to pick, [MENTION=22445]jongyrocka[/MENTION], but welcome to AA

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X