Clear All

• Ice Cold Beer - 2020 Aussie Champs

Click image for larger version

Name:	icbpost.jpg
Views:	5989
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	2103673

Apologies for the late notice.

We're back again this Australia Day weekend for the 2nd installment of the Ice Cold Beer championships.

There will be a few changes to the format - just the one machine this year, however there will be two divisions with
    the top 8 going into Division A and the places 9-16 forming division B. So you don't need necessarily to be the best
    to be in with a chance to win.

Entry is $10 - and gets you a drink and the limited edition trading card.

Cash prizes, bar vouchers, trophies and pint glasses will form part of the prize pool.

Qualifying (timed game) will be on the Saturday, $1 per game. Each game you play gets you a ticket into the lucky
    door prize (which can only be won by someone who doesn't win a prize on divisions A or B or the doubles).

Sunday will see the Division A & B finals, along with a doubles comp. To enter the doubles is $10 (total for both
    players). There will be no qualifying for doubles, just announce who you want to team up with on the day.

There will be a twist to the finals which will include risk v reward strategy - more "hints" to come.

A limited edition "Ice Cold Beer" Pint glass will also be available for purchase if you don't happen to win one.
    Approximate price $17-$20, pricing confirmation will be available soon. Please email john@pincadia.com if you'd
    like to reserve a glass ahead of the event, or if you aren't able to make it. Postage can be arranged at your cost
    for those in other states.

Hope to see you all there for a beer on the Australia Day weekend. Don't forget Monday is the public holiday, time
    to let loose on Sunday night after the event with a beer in your very own ICB pint glass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	icbmug.png
Views:	130
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	2103675
    *proof only
    Attached Files

Pint glasses will be $17.50 each. After giving away some as prizes, this leaves us with 30 (minus 6 already pre-sold). Get in quick if you want one, they will go quick at the event.

Comment

Hi there.
      I'm a massive fan of Ice Cold Beer and unfortunately living in Victoria and only finding out about this event 2 days before it was on I didn't have time to arrange to get there, But I would have loved to have competed.
      I was hoping that you could give me the rule sets and both qualifying and the finals and the scores so I can see how I stack up against Aussies best?
      If this is going to held again next year I'll definitely make the trip.

Comment

Qualifying was 10 minute timed runs, however if you had the ball on bar when the time ran out you were free to play out that hole.

Qualifying scores were:
        1. 13,830
        2. 13,030
        3. 13,010
        4. 12,980
        5. 11,540
        6. 11,540
        7. 10,210
        8. 9940
        9. 9780
        10. 8170

Finals were a speedrun to complete hole 20, everyone had 2 attempts with each player's fastest time recorded, however I can only remember the top 3 off the top of my head.

1st Place - 8:18
        2nd Place - 8:21
        3rd Place - 8:28

The motors on each different ICB machine run at slightly different speeds so it's hard to make a direct comparison machine to machine, but these should provide you with some good benchmarks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X