Arcade 1Up Cabinets

Collapse

For general stuff about Arcade.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The space invaders one "looks" cool, but it also features Karate Champ and it looks like it only has ONE joystick? How are you supposed to play the classic two joystick game with only one? These 1up people really don't give a f%^k about the gamers, this is almost as bad as the totally unplayable Defender they put out. If you could buy swappable CPs for them so the games are playable then they would be cool for casual gamers.

I would return these cabs as unfit for purpose.
    Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
      The space invaders one "looks" cool, but it also features Karate Champ and it looks like it only has ONE joystick? How are you supposed to play the classic two joystick game with only one? These 1up people really don't give a f%^k about the gamers, this is almost as bad as the totally unplayable Defender they put out. If you could buy swappable CPs for them so the games are playable then they would be cool for casual gamers.

I would return these cabs as unfit for purpose.
      I actually think their promo is just misleading and Karate Champ is just another cabinet they didn't have space in the promo. Adding Space Invaders with Karate Champ would just be too random.

Sent from my Phone using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Comment

Yeah you could be right, looks like the "also Karate Champ" might mean another cab instead of the Space Invaders cab including that game. My comments for Defender still stand, totally unplayable with the supplied CP. Defender is a great game but must have the original CP layout, they could have made a Defender / Stargate cab with correct controls that would have been a great buy for many people. Not for me as I have an original cab.
        Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

Comment

Comment

2 new arcade1up Arcades announced at e3 2019. 4 player TMNT & a Marvel Super Heroes.

Comment

Comment

Are they any good? I haven't seen any in Tassie.

Comment

Originally posted by digital_steve View Post
                    Are they any good? I haven't seen any in Tassie.

Comment

Originally posted by darkjedi View Post
                      I’ve not seen one, but “ok” is what I’ve seen plenty of comments suggesting. Poor build quality and lots of problems with decals wearing out and the like.
                      I wouldn't mind getting the MK one!

Comment

If anyone knows how I can get the Final Fight one from Walmart and the Marvel Super Hero one when it comes out. Please let me know.

Comment

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a 1up game for my son, but I don't think he (or I) will be satisfied with just the 4 games on the unit, so I was wondering if anybody knows if the replacement control decks that are available online like this one Error page | eBay can be switched between machines. For example if I had the Rampage 1Up game, could I add the Street Fighter replacement control deck to it and then unit will play the Street Fighter games? I also love that some of the US models like Centipede and Asteroids have the game specific control panels, so it would be super cool to have just one 1up game and a collection of control panels you could swap in and out.
                            Last edited by fridgejam; 19 June 2019, 09:36 AM.
                            The Pinball Network

Comment

Originally posted by digital_steve View Post
                              I wouldn't mind getting the MK one!
                              Weren't they an Aldi exclusive in Aus? No Aldis in Tas, sadly - in my case for reasons that have nothing to do with the cabinets

EDIT: as in, the whole range of 1up mini cabs were only at Aldi in this country?

Comment

Because they are shipped in Ikea/kit form, it is not out of the question to import one from the US. There are some US ebay sellers that will ship them to Oz via the global shipping program for around $120-$150usd. Still more expensive than if Aldi sold them, but still not crazy expensive if you can find the right deal. I can see currently Centipede and Asteroids 1up units currently on ebay US that you could have delivered to your door for under $500 AU bucks.
                                The Pinball Network

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X