Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namastepat View Post
    Yep, 2931 is OSD only. Have you visually inspected your adjustment board? You may have some rotten traces or something. It's also very easy to reseat the connectors on the adjustment board, which would be worth trying.

Joey would likely be able to fix the adjustment board if it is stuffed.
    Good point, I will check it out. It is wedged in at the moment so I will have to wait until I can pull it out. Not being able to adjust the monitor is the only downside because apart from some "wobbly" ness on the left edge, it is gorgeous. Naturally, the seller told me back in 2017 "never had a problem and it worked perfectly".
    Last edited by Segasonic91; 13th February 2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• Anybody got any tips on colour matching CRTs?

I've probably spent a good 3 hours over the last few days trying match the colour..

As you can see, the colours are off. When I use the cps2 colour chart, you can see the right side doesn't match the left side, when I try and match the right side the same as the left side, the colours are really off in game.

Since the left monitor is a Sega pm1745 and the right side is an Ms8, I decided to get the ms8 from the recent astro purchase..

Here was the workout for the day... Lifting it with the cab not laid down is HEAVY and awkward since you can't take the cp shell off (like a Naomi)

I think I need to make another extension cable so I can calibrate both remotely with easy access to the rgb cut off pots...

Versus cabs will be fun they said!

Comment

• What happens when you adjust the red and green cutoffs and gains on the right tube? Does it begin to wash out and bleed different colours if you go any higher? For instance, do your blacks start to turn red if you crack the red gain higher? If so, it could just be that you have lower emissions on your red and green guns. I had an MS-8 that could just never get good reds, used to bug the ever living shit out of me. Even got the tube cleaned and balanced on a rejuvenator and it made little to no difference.

Slightly too much blue in the one on the right also, knock that back a notch I reckon. Looks like the blue is beginning to colour your white.

Comment

• I haven't touch the cut offs.. Been only playing with the gains..

I think I'm going to start from scratch.. Ie. Take out the tube, everything black and work my way up..

Will make another extension so it can be both done remotely

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
            I haven't touch the cut offs.. Been only playing with the gains..

I think I'm going to start from scratch.. Ie. Take out the tube, everything black and work my way up..

Will make another extension so it can be both done remotely
            There's not much that is quite as satisfying as spending a few hours adjusting a CRT. It's cathartic

Comment

• I'm really glad to see some good Arcade banter on AA.
              Nice work guys.

Comment

• So it begins... Created an additional monitor extension cable for "remote" adjustments..

Resetting everything back to "zero"

Reset the rgb cut offs
                Reset the rgb gains
                Reset the brightness
                Put the flyback in the middle

Then slowly make my way up first increasing the brightness so it's still black without the raster lines...

Then increase the rgb cut offs, then finally fine tune with the gains.

With any luck, I'll have a nice crisp image which are hopefully identical

Job for the weekend.

Comment

So it begins... Created an additional monitor extension cable for "remote" adjustments..

Resetting everything back to "zero"

Reset the rgb cut offs
                  Reset the rgb gains
                  Reset the brightness
                  Put the flyback in the middle

Then slowly make my way up first increasing the brightness so it's still black without the raster lines...

Then increase the rgb cut offs, then finally fine tune with the gains.

With any luck, I'll have a nice crisp image which are hopefully identical

Job for the weekend.
                  I have one of these in my set up that gives the pictures a nice crisp image in my NAC.

Comment

• mR_CaESaR Nice! Plus you just inspired me to put my dusty old under-utilised (for good reason) selfie stick to its brand new purpose -> getting to hard to reach places in my cabs!

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonlee View Post
                      I have one of these in my set up that gives the pictures a nice crisp image in my NAC.
                      My one is cleaner

Too bad I have nfi how to connect it all up. Assuming it's 12v, rgbs GND but I have no idea how to connect the db15 to the connection of the astros.

My make shift one is working well, Im just being particular about trying to get exactly the same colour

Comment

• Originally posted by Tonjo View Post
                        mR_CaESaR Nice! Plus you just inspired me to put my dusty old under-utilised (for good reason) selfie stick to its brand new purpose -> getting to hard to reach places in my cabs!
                        Hahaha didn't even notice that there

Comment

My one is cleaner

Too bad I have nfi how to connect it all up. Assuming it's 12v, rgbs GND but I have no idea how to connect the db15 to the connection of the astros.

My make shift one is working well, Im just being particular about trying to get exactly the same colour
                          The one ive showed you was one of my spares in spare part shed of mine.
                          But i can supply these if you need.

Comment

• https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/i...Checkout=false someone shifting a bunch of stuff that includes a non working blast and a crazy taxi (cant see it in pic might be universal cab?)

Comment

• Very nice, I wonder if there are any bargains to be had, or if it will be the standard retail overpricing. Who's in Newcastle to get along and check it out? Those blasts both look like they could be a good buy.

Comment

• The blast has gone for circa $600 but didn't turn on. Crazy taxi is dit down, false alarm

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X