Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Candy cab appreciation thread. I want candy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
    Sorry, didn't see this reply.

Yes, there's a PS4 on it right now. I output to a HDMI switcher (plan was to switch between pc, ps4 and another other console, but I've only really got a ps4 in atm), which is then connected to a splitter for the video/audio output). For controls, I just have two USB cables to each machine and a brook UFB
    Very cool, thanks for the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
      Looks spot on. You linked those machines to the one PS4 correct? I think i read the thread somewhere.
      Did you have custom CPs made? Iím guessing the top were standard and the bottom pics are new? Looks great.

Comment

Did you have custom CPs made? Iím guessing the top were standard and the bottom pics are new? Looks great.
        Yeah.. The top one is how they came..

And the bottom ones were vinyls I got noodleshirt to make up for me

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Need some ambient light

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
            Need some ambient light

I put lamps pointing upwards behind my cabs which lights up the room a bit and my art on the walls but keeps the screens looking good without any glare
            Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

• Yeah I've got a few LIFX globes that I'll be using

Comment

• Does anyone run any console emulators on their Astro City cabs and what ones look good?

I have been trying to work out how to run MESS from my MaLa frontend and there is a thread here with tips but stuffed if I can work it out.
                Dunno how I can point MaLa to the mess.exe when there isn't one. Seems to be only usable via command lines in mame which is beyond me also.
                Anyway I'm considering giving up and trying some other console emulators.

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Aussie Arcade mobile app
                Winter is here and I'm still riding more than gaming, my current goal = 100,000 meters elevation gain for the year - well ahead so far

Comment

• Hyerspin points to any emulator you would want to use fine.

People love launch box but I haven't used it.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Yeah thanks, but Hyperspin is also the most difficult and time consuming and resource hungry of all the frontends. It does look very nice, but I prefer the custom look of MaLa and for me it's quicker to find MAME favourites and lists, MaLa will also launch any emulator, so MaLa is not the problem it's more me not knowing command lines and finding the MESS tutorials I have read so far a bit confusing.

I have just made some progress using the downloads from this website https://messui.1emulation.com/ and have downloaded the CMD version of MESS and used the mess.exe and pointed it to my roms and got one game running that didn't need a bios which I will get to later. I didn't realise the command line version would still have menus that I can use the mouse to navigate, I was expecting to be lost in a jungle of txt input only with endless error messages telling me I had NFI and should go home

Anyway got it running on my PC upstairs, next step will be getting it running on my cab but that can wait until a rainy day

Comment

• Tried one LIFX globe overnight with a blue... Doesn't look too bad!

Need to get a few more lights to place all over the room.

Comment

• Tried some lighting with a couple LIFX globes..

From my phone..

And a gopro for a fisheye effect!

Happy with the results!

Comment

• It creates a cool atmosphere for sure. I had some Phillips Hue bulbs set up when I had a pin room for the same effect. It looks like the phosphor screen is glowing too?

Comment

• Looks great, are those globes in the middle of the room overhead?

Comment

It creates a cool atmosphere for sure. I had some Phillips Hue bulbs set up when I had a pin room for the same effect. It looks like the phosphor screen is glowing too?
                              That's how that intro looks from memory. Maybe a touch of glow.

Turbo Caesar?

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

It creates a cool atmosphere for sure. I had some Phillips Hue bulbs set up when I had a pin room for the same effect. It looks like the phosphor screen is glowing too?
                                They're great! Albeit a little expensive, I purchased much cheaper ones before but they didn't give off anywhere near the amount of light and colour as the hue/lifx

The glow on the screen is just the frame of that intro. It looks perfectly fine outside of that frame

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                                Looks great, are those globes in the middle of the room overhead?
                                They're on the left and right had side of the room pointing up to the ceiling. The left hand one is a lot closer to the ceiling as its on a clamp desk lamp which is clamped on a shelf. The right one is in a floor lamp.

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                                That's how that intro looks from memory. Maybe a touch of glow.

Turbo Caesar?
                                Yeah ST. Well SSF2X to be exact

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X