No announcement yet.

Vewlix Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm super surprised that AQIS didn't fumigate your shipment and charge you $800~1800 for the privilege?

It's not what the MACHINE is made from - it is the PACKING that AQIS are more worried about and that cheaparse plywood your machine is packed in would have attracted their attention for sure.

I strongly advise anyone else contemplating bringing one of these in from overseas to make 100% certain that they DO NOT use ply in the packing or you might be in for a very rude hit to your hip pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
      I'm super surprised that AQIS didn't fumigate your shipment and charge you $800~1800 for the privilege?

It's not what the MACHINE is made from - it is the PACKING that AQIS are more worried about and that cheaparse plywood your machine is packed in would have attracted their attention for sure.

I strongly advise anyone else contemplating bringing one of these in from overseas to make 100% certain that they DO NOT use ply in the packing or you might be in for a very rude hit to your hip pocket.
      Which is why used pinballs in containers often get fumigated and most chinese factories ship new products in Cardboard cartons..

Comment

Vewlix Clone

Originally posted by Morty Moose View Post
        That crate does not look like MDF......
        Thanks Morty

I just realise this myself

Another cluster **** this is the problem with dealing with overseas

Oh well looks like it's gonna be going to quarantine now because it's not MDF

Comment

Vewlix Clone

They might now mate my Manufacturer promised me that they were going to use a MDF Box Morty just brought it to my attention that it didn't look like MDF

Going back on the pictures I thought what the hell this is plywood this is going to go straight to quarantining in Melbourne for sure

I paid 55 USD for an MDF box I'm not happy now i'm waiting to hear back from the manufacturer the thing is on the boat already

Comment

I really appreciate your input and Morty and Homepin
            If that's the case $800-$1800 to fumigate I will tell them to throw the bloody thing into the goddamn ocean this is not what I paid for I should've realise more clearly when I looked at the packaging that this was not MDF as promised hi spoke to my agent he said that there is no reason why they going to quarantining I'll have to get back to him
            I didn't pay for cheaparse plywood either home pin
            Looks like I got it though

Comment

I did so much research on this importing, all sorts of stuff I even rang the Department of agriculture now to only realise that they put cheaper wood on my shipping container I am fuming now let's see how all this unravels

Comment

I suppose I just got excited and wrapped up in the excitement of having a nice new arcade in my home

Comment

Just messaged the manufacturer just messaged my shipping agent let's see what happens tomorrow guys

Comment

Originally posted by ArcadeObsessed View Post
                    Just messaged the manufacturer just messaged my shipping agent let's see what happens tomorrow guys
                    You never know - you can sometimes "luck it" and it might sail through.

I have been caught out before myself.

It's pretty obvious your supplier has no clue about shipping to Australia or they would never have made a plywood box for it.

Comment

You never know - you can sometimes "luck it" and it might sail through.

I have been caught out before myself.

It's pretty obvious your supplier has no clue about shipping to Australia or they would never have made a plywood box for it.
                      Yeah thanks man

I hope it sails through myself, sorry to hear that you got stuck with all your extra expenses

I was just on the AQIS website $90 every 30 minutes they charge you and that's without fumigation

Why do I even bother lol

Comment

Okay guys this is extremely exciting hope my excitement doesnít bother anybody considering this is my first import it arrive today more details to follow

Comment

Open it already [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                            Open it already [emoji14]

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
                            I will man have to stop the bleeding first lol

Have to break this bloody box aswell

Sorry

Trust me, anticipation is killing me too lol

Comment

Vewlix Clone

I was worried this wouldnít fit in my doorway Iíve gained so much room with this cabinet almost a double win lol
                              Having a break now will walk away now and come back to it with fresh eyes later on

The form factor on these cabinets are amazingly slimline I dosent poke out much from the wall at all having said that though I havenít put the Control Panel down yet
                              Last edited by ArcadeObsessed; 16th August 2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

More pics to come

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X