Vewlix Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oldbyte View Post
    Like I said above [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] helped me out. I do have a spare coin sticker that I am happy to send you. Just pm your details and I will post it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Which one or both?
    Yes of course [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] he's done a lot of work for me great bloke

I didn't see that bit

Comment

All good. But happy to send the coin sticker no charge. (they are only sitting in the cupboard) The community here have been great to me over the years so only too happy to help out when I get the opportunity.
      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah not the original... the copy..
        Pretty standard on most of the Chinese stuff..

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ArcadeObsessed View Post
        What would you suggest Morty run a wire to a bolt that is hitting the metal cabinet chassis and then connect to the Switching power supply?
        Does it have any earth at all coming inside the machine...
        Normally even though you have a a 3 pin iec plug there is nothing connected to the earth pin on the back of the socket..

Comment

Originally posted by Morty Moose View Post
          Yeah not the original... the copy..
          Pretty standard on most of the Chinese stuff..

- - - Updated - - -

Does it have any earth at all coming inside the machine...
          Normally even though you have a a 3 pin iec plug there is nothing connected to the earth pin on the back of the socket..
          I will have to check with the manufacturer

This should be pretty easy though Morty I can grab a 22 gauge wire and attach it to the ground pin and then to the metal chassis of the cabinet that's a good earth yeah

Comment

Originally posted by oldbyte View Post
            All good. But happy to send the coin sticker no charge. (they are only sitting in the cupboard) The community here have been great to me over the years so only too happy to help out when I get the opportunity.
            All good mate PM you

Comment

It's nota big deal. The plug going into the thing will need to be changed as well.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

Comment

All good sorted now
                Thanks guys

Comment

Hi ArcadeObsessed, out of curiosity, what is the estimated landing costs of importing your custom cab? Thanks.

Comment

Vewlix Clone

Originally posted by Doodie View Post
                    Hi ArcadeObsessed, out of curiosity, what is the estimated landing costs of importing your custom cab? Thanks.
                    Hey mate how's things going thank you for a really good question

The importing side was one of the main worries when building this Vewlix

I am the sort of person that is more than happy to share my bad experiences so you all can have an easier more direct experience if you decide to do this yourself

I will be able to tell you the final figure when it's landed because that's the nature of the importing beast

I have called many custom brokers some don't give a crap some pretend they are going to help but never get back to you it's a dodgy world out there

I decided to go with shipporter.com

Warwick is a great bloke, very helpful

This is a door to door service they pick it up and send it to your door

I have no means of picking an arcade up from the Melbourne docks

Cost is $728USD

Comment

Comment

You definitely walk the walk mate! Respect. Saw someone posting on gumtree in Carnegie area selling one for $1450. FYI.
                        Looking forward to your updates and am equally excited for you!
                        In case your need a translator for the Chinese words/labels on your cab, I am happy to lend a hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Doodie View Post
                          You definitely walk the walk mate! Respect. Saw someone posting on gumtree in Carnegie area selling one for $1450. FYI.
                          Looking forward to your updates and am equally excited for you!
                          In case your need a translator for the Chinese words/labels on your cab, I am happy to lend a hand.
                          Hey man that may come in handy I really appreciate it I also saw that blue Vewlix on gumtree there is also another one on eBay but that's like 3000 bucks and it's been sitting there for awhile the Carnegie one is a pretty decent price but I always wanted a black one, black sides
                          So I outsource my own Manufacturer
                          Thanks for the nice comments mate really appreciate it they go along way and will certainly keep you in touch
                          Just waiting now The eagerly the anticipated 16 day journey by sea

Cheers

Comment

Vewlix Clone

[MENTION=17156]@redferatu[/MENTION] I can't send any more messages to do your inboxes to full apparently just FYI

Comment

Vewlix Clone

Just an update guys I received payment advice to pay today at $808 USD The reason why it wasn't $728 USD is because my manufacturer could not supply a export license which is fine you get a lot of that they could of for a charge of course
                              My agent basically said there is no reason for it to be sent to quarantine because the boxes MDF which doesn't need quarantine so they should not be anything else to pay now
                              I took advantage of the Australian dollar being $.80 Cents USD which helped out my budget on my end so converted it was about $1020

I have to mention though because the only way he operates is through PayPal when I clicked on the link to make payment PayPal stupid conversion rates are still stuck at one Australian dollar equals 0.76USD
                              So I gave them a call and the lady from PayPal
                              Said that it is that price because they have to buy currency and crap crap crap crap crap so there is an actual option when making the payment to use your own MasterCard or banks currency conversion rate so I did that which was $50 cheaper than PayPal's

Comment

That crate does not look like MDF......

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X