Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moon Cresta. It was everywhere and I loved it.
    The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Dragons Lair for me. This game had me mesmerized for hours. Even enjoyed just watching the attract mode.

I remember it was like 40c or 60c a game so was not played often. First thing I did when I got my mame cabinet running was to get Daphne installed.

Comment

Hard Choice

If you asked me 20 years ago I probably would have said Time Pilot or Galaga.

Now, because of being able to play 2 player, the theme and also because the high scores are for each event are tangible (distance, time etc) and not just points, I would have to go for Hyper Olympic.
        We're the renegades of funk

Comment

Its true very tough to pick one game as all the games listed (and many more) were part of the golden era of Arcade.

Comment

Gyruss for me. It's the game I remember putting most coin into. Although Moon Cresta comes in close, the guest laundry on the Fairstar had one and my brothers and I figured out you could put just about any coin you liked into it so delighted in scrounging as many 2c pieces as we could find. Spent alot of time down there during those 2 weeks in the early 80s. The on board bank teller was a bit bemused when my then 6 year old brother turned up and asked for change of a $1 note in 2c pieces and ended up giving him a cup full of shrapnel for his $1, he was stoked.
            Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Well I love nearly every game on the list but choose Mr. Do!

The reasons why I like Mr Do! the most are:

It's like Dig Dug on steroids.

The pace of the game is frantic.

I love the different tunes, the start up tune, the completion of every 3 levels & 10 tune & the extra man tune.

The many different ways you can end a level, kill all the baddies, eat all the cherries, complete E-X-T-R-A for an extra man or find a diamond for a free game.

Mr. Do! rocks!

Comment

Hard choice, but had to be Galaga.....That list is nearly all my favourites......didnt see the oft forgotten Slapfight in there though!

Its hard to gauge what makes a true favourite....is it the nostalgia? The one you play most now? The one that took the majority of your pocket money as a kid? Or that one bastard game that you cant help but keep coming back to....cos you just know you can do better next time!

Gotta be GALAGA all the way!

Great poll by the way!
                Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

What an insightful poll!

I never realized most of the old shit games were from the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by vocalninja View Post
                    What an insightful poll!

I never realized most of the old shit games were from the 80's
                    WHAT?....You.....by god......pffft......why you......you.....you....HEATHEN!

Them thar be fightin words!

Shhhhhh........I'm going quietly insane.

Comment

moon cresta was the best, offered a variety of gameplay, how sweet was it to dock 3 ships! How awesome are those meteors, and the end screens with those bombaring dildo things. This game was so much more than galaga.

Comment

Would of voted Number 1 Robotron 2084 but alas... I never knew this game existed until I discovered MAME many years ago.
                        The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by retrogamer View Post
                          WHAT?....You.....by god......pffft......why you......you.....you....HEATHEN!

Them thar be fightin words!

Jokes aside, Donkey Kong is awesome for its concept even today. G&G was a corner shop favorite for a very long time.

Comment

Dig Dug for me...favorite old time classic

Comment

Wow, hard question. Love DK, Moon Cresta, Scramble and Gyruss but for me Time Pilot just takes it. Possibly because it was in my local takeaway when I was a kid but more likely because I can still hear that sound track. Fantastic story of Okamoto building the game behind his bosses back too.

Comment

pacman. period.
                                HookedOnDefender,TimePilot,CrushRoller,1942,Pacman [original ghost in the machine!] VIDS: DefenceCmnd, Defender(2),Stargate(2),Joust,Joust2,MoonPatrol,Ph oenix,PolePositionII, Pacman, MsPacman, DKJr, MarioBros, LunarRescue,SegaTurbo,FujiSpeedRace PINS: Gottlieb Gladiators WANTED: Robotron, Sinistar, Maketrax, Timepilot & Defender Pinball! SOLD:Qix,Qbert TRADED:Gorf

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 2 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X