• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candy cab from sitting to standing

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-vs-Streetf...QQcmdZViewItem

not seen the additional little step up to make it taller before
    sigpic

Bizzare. Never seen that. Japanses candy cabs are all designed to be sit-down (go to an Arcade in Japan and see why - everyone sits/eats/smokes at these things for hours).

But putting HAPP joysticks on a candy cab should be punishable by death.
    | |

Comment

no way im getting into the happ arguement again lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
        Bizzare. Never seen that. Japanses candy cabs are all designed to be sit-down (go to an Arcade in Japan and see why - everyone sits/eats/smokes at these things for hours).

But putting HAPP joysticks on a candy cab should be punishable by death.
        There was an official Sega add-on released for the Astro City series. It was basically a large white box that you sat the astro on to bring it up to the height we are used to round these parts.

Comment

Call me lazy, but nothing beats sitting on my arse while playing games all day.
          | |

Comment

Originally posted by bwodie View Post
            http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-vs-Streetf...QQcmdZViewItem

not seen the additional little step up to make it taller before
            Troy (gatherer000) told me when he got his container of Astro's how ever many years ago, it came with one of these boxes for each machine. He apparently tossed them all!
            Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

yep not rare at all defently not for cheap candy cabs they came with all of them

Comment

I just can't get into those candy cabs - they are well made and very well designed, but they are plastic. I agree however that it is sacrilege to put CRAPP joysticks in them......
                www.ozstick.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by OzStick View Post
                  I just can't get into those candy cabs - they are well made and very well designed, but they are plastic. I agree however that it is sacrilege to put CRAPP joysticks in them......
                  Pfft. The sticks in them ARE crap. Dunno what you guys see in these sticks!
                  Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Originally posted by OzStick View Post
                    I just can't get into those candy cabs - they are well made and very well designed, but they are plastic.
                    Actually they're mostly sheet steel. Generally only the control panel, bezel and marquee are plastic. Considering that most LAI cabs have a plastic marquee and bezel, not a whole lot different there.

Originally posted by microwrx View Post
                    Pfft. The sticks in them ARE crap. Dunno what you guys see in these sticks!
                    New Japanese sticks are designed new Japanese games. Bizzare, I know, but games are a little different now to how they were in the 80's.

The Candy is all about comfort. Sit-down design, wide control panel, loose joysticks that don't give you RSI, low-travel, wide, flat buttons that allow easy rapid pressing. They're designed to allow people to play for hours, not minutes.

It's worth mentioning that in Japan (and the rest of Asia) you can't buy wood cabinets any more. Everything is steel. There was a mass shift in Asia to steel cabinets some 5-10 years ago. And considering they have on avergae 10,000 arcade machines for every 1 here in Australia, the numbers dictate the market.

But whatever. Each to their own. I've never seen a candy-hater be converted, and I don't think I ever will.
                    | |

Comment

I like my Astro. I just think the sticks and buttons have no 'feel' like my Ultimarc sticks and buttons do. I've even tried playing fighters with them and still don't get it.
                      Bite my shiny metal ass!

Comment

Originally posted by microwrx View Post
                        I like my Astro. I just think the sticks and buttons have no 'feel' like my Ultimarc sticks and buttons do. I've even tried playing fighters with them and still don't get it.
                        Astro's come standard from Sega with Sanwa JLF sticks.

Ultimarc sticks are Sawna JLWs. Very similar, but still feel quite different.

I actually prefer the JLWs for shmups, but I can't play fighters with them for some reason (not blaming the sticks at all - I'm the one with retarded hands). JLF's are still my choice for the biffo games.
                        | |

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X