Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Hankin 20" reproductions..whose website is this??

The two are not related.

Arcadeclassics is a guy named Michael in the NE subs of Melb. I have seen his Hankin repros and they are a very nice cabinet.

If you like the Hankin style of cabinet then give Keith at Child Amusements a call as he does them as well.

I think you will find with all of them that the price for an empty cabinet will be quite high however, as they are not the easiest or cheapest cabinet to produce.

Cheers,

Chris

The two are not related.

Arcadeclassics is a guy named Michael in the NE subs of Melb. I have seen his Hankin repros and they are a very nice cabinet.

If you like the Hankin style of cabinet then give Keith at Child Amusements a call as he does them as well.

I think you will find with all of them that the price for an empty cabinet will be quite high however, as they are not the easiest or cheapest cabinet to produce.

Cheers,

Chris

I hate the look of Hankin cabinets. Just my opinion tho.

I've gathered some measurements of the Hankin cabinet from a couple of different sources and putting some designs together.

I'll try and build my own replica...should be a good project and will keep me out of trouble for a few months.

I hate the look of Hankin cabinets. Just my opinion tho.

You're a brave man saying that in here! This place is the national hangout for Hankin Lovers Anonymous.

RUN FOR THE HILLS FOOL! :lol

On topic: that hanking reproduction site was posted before in one of the MAME threads in here somewhere. The owner is definitely an AA member.

ryan only says that because hes got homoish 1 button cocktails that have the controls flat on the side of the machine :078: not forgetting the huge 14" screen :lol

Thats the reason I sold my Taito ..Controls flat on the side of the cabinet might be ok for a couple of minutes but any good gamer gets cramp pushing forwards like a little steam train :lol

They are so uncomfortable..

Thats the reason I sold my Taito ..Controls flat on the side of the cabinet might be ok for a couple of minutes but any good gamer gets cramp pushing forwards like a little steam train :lol

They are so uncomfortable..

No shite. but there Jap, not knockoff wanabie aussie piece of crap! The japs make good quality stuff, ask around the world "taitio" woooowwwwww "Hankin" uhu wtf is that? A big door stop or something with ugly design non free flowing jagged edge partical board rubbish pile.

OOoo but your monitor is SsooooossSSOoooo biggg mmmmm *gay sounding*

:tomato

I will be interested in this. Let us know how you go with it please.

Will do. Jeffs original hankin cabinet he was selling on ebay went for nearly $500! It didn't have a working monitor either. I think buying an original is definately out of the question. :|

Horses for courses, I reckon all the different cocktails have somthing to offer. But the Hankin like it or hate it is by far the most versitile. There are not many other cocktails that can be made in to a Street Fighter cabinet (Not that anyone would want to though?).

I will be interested in this. Let us know how you go with it please.

I've drawn up the plans, so I know how much MDF I'll need, any suggestions on the width of MDF so the T-Moulding will right with laminate applied to the sides?

If anyone is interested in the plans let me know.

Hi cejay,

I agree with RetroGame in that Melamine MDF is a good way to go, however I use and suggest 16mm instead of 18mm. It SHOULD be less expensive for a full sheet and offer the same strength, but it's just a little lighter.

If you are n the eastern suburbs of Melbourne, check out a mob in Bayswater called Allboard - they have their own line of black Melamine MDF in 16mm and a 2400x1200 sheet should set you back about $90. One sheet is ample for a cocktail cab.

If you plan to use a circular saw to cut, overcut it by 3 or 4mm, then clamp a straight piece to it, then trim using a router with a flush trim bit with a bearing - the bearing will run against the straght edge and give you a perfect cut.

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks for all the tips guys! I saw some sheets of standard MDF 16mm for $30 in a bunnings catalog, so I might go grab that and use as a prototype. :)

I'll document all my failures, should be a fun project...just wish my back would get better.

• 2 weeks later...