Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Anyone watched Starcade?

Hi,

Haven't seen this name around for a while, and just wondered if the newer people to the hobby had heard of it?

It was an 80's game show where contestants would answer arcade game related questions, then get to play particular games for bonus points.

At the end of the show, the winner got a shot at winning their own arcade game by obtaining a pre-determined high score on the contestants game of choice. There were usually a few different games to choose from per episode.

More details can be found here: http://www.starcade.tv/Starcade/starframe.htm

Gotta dig those 80's haircuts!!!

I have a fair few episodes on CD, and can make a DVD copy to share out if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Xygt

Hi,

Haven't seen this name around for a while, and just wondered if the newer people to the hobby had heard of it?

It was an 80's game show where contestants would answer arcade game related questions, then get to play particular games for bonus points.

At the end of the show, the winner got a shot at winning their own arcade game by obtaining a pre-determined high score on the contestants game of choice. There were usually a few different games to choose from per episode.

More details can be found here: http://www.starcade.tv/Starcade/starframe.htm

Gotta dig those 80's haircuts!!!

I have a fair few episodes on CD, and can make a DVD copy to share out if anyone is interested.

Regards,

Xygt

Yep I would be more than interested in a DVD of that!

No problems. I'll compile the episodes I have to DVD and send it to Pinny Parlour, who can send it on from there.

When it comes to my turn with the Mame DVD's (or possibly HDD by then) I'll add the episodes to it.

Have a box of tissues ready, as you will not believe the original cabinets you will see being played!!!

Cheers,

Xygt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks Ian got the DVD's and copied them to my hard drive. They are gold. See the 1st episode had my fav game Tazz mania. I laughed the whole way through. Fucking yanks they are hilarious. " Gee sure, I'll probably do real well on this one, chuck."

Who's next, pm your address and I'll chuck them in the post.

Catty