Sell board with machine or seperate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell board with machine or seperate?

I was thinking of selling my generic cabinet with Double Dragon 2 gameboard.
    Would it be best value for money to sell them together or seperate?

Im thinking together.

BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

The average joe wont buy a machine without a game in.
    You are better selling with a pcb.

Comment

yeah sell together, get a double dragon 2 marque as well if possible, and pop that on
      as a package you will get a fair bit more
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwodie
        yeah sell together, get a double dragon 2 marque as well if possible, and pop that on
        as a package you will get a fair bit more
        Good idea.
        heh, I might want to keep it then
        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

True... its amazing how much a little art eye candy will do to the value of stuff.

Comment

Yep, even printing out a marque in putting it in... Had to laugh reminded me of an arcade machine on ebay, I think it was moonpatrol. The marque looked to be cardboard with the word moon patrol written on with a texta!..

Comment

Plaster MAME on it and youll get 5000

Comment

Originally posted by Savage
                Yep, even printing out a marque in putting it in... Had to laugh reminded me of an arcade machine on ebay, I think it was moonpatrol. The marque looked to be cardboard with the word moon patrol written on with a texta!..
                LOL My cab came with a photo copied marquee that just had the word RAIDEN on it. It was 2 a4 sheets, sticky taped together, ghetto style.
                ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

Use some thin card from the stationers, set the printer to 'Banner Print', and it will come out ok. Doesn't have to be the highest resolution picture either, as it looks alright once it's on paper.

Comment

Anyone know where to get a digital version of the Double Dragon 2 marquee??

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Juice
                      Anyone know where to get a digital version of the Double Dragon 2 marquee??
                      Found this

If not big enough, could run it through Inkscape and vectorize it...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage
                        Found this

If not big enough, could run it through Inkscape and vectorize it...
                        Thanks. I might be able to do something with it.

Comment

Originally posted by xygt
                          Use some thin card from the stationers, set the printer to 'Banner Print', and it will come out ok. Doesn't have to be the highest resolution picture either, as it looks alright once it's on paper.
                          Can't see a 'banner print' option anywhere.. A few more clues please..!

W.

Comment

I was asking myself that same question a few months ago Mickey Juice. I decided to go with a pcb inside and chose SF2 as being a popular choice. I have since sold 2 cabs with SF2 for what I consider big $$$s (or at least heaps more than I paid for them). Both sold to guys that knew nothing about arcade cabinets but loved Street Fighter 2 so I suppose it appeals to a broader market when it's got a game already packaged with it. I've got another cab to sell so just bought myself a SF2CE off ebay last week to put in the cab to sell.
                            Man cannot live with just one pinball.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah good advice there Mark. When i sold a cab a while ago now i think the game i sold it was was the draw card, SFZ2. I ended up making 100% profit on it not that i was trying to i honestly had no idea what it would go for but i think a very well laid out ad, plenty of pictures and the fact i was easy to approach for an inspection or more info also put bidders at ease. The guy i bought it off was complete opposite, hard to contact and didnt supply many pics or additional info to potential bidders.

I vote for PCB included

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X