Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Sell board with machine or seperate?

I was thinking of selling my generic cabinet with Double Dragon 2 gameboard.

Would it be best value for money to sell them together or seperate? :unsure

Im thinking together.

http://members.dodo.com.au/~mickeyjuice12/images/DD2.jpg

Yep, even printing out a marque in putting it in... Had to laugh reminded me of an arcade machine on ebay, I think it was moonpatrol. The marque looked to be cardboard with the word moon patrol written on with a texta!..

LOL My cab came with a photo copied marquee that just had the word RAIDEN on it. It was 2 a4 sheets, sticky taped together, ghetto style.

Use some thin card from the stationers, set the printer to 'Banner Print', and it will come out ok. Doesn't have to be the highest resolution picture either, as it looks alright once it's on paper.

• Super Moderator
Use some thin card from the stationers, set the printer to 'Banner Print', and it will come out ok. Doesn't have to be the highest resolution picture either, as it looks alright once it's on paper.

Can't see a 'banner print' option anywhere.. A few more clues please..!

W.

I was asking myself that same question a few months ago Mickey Juice. I decided to go with a pcb inside and chose SF2 as being a popular choice. I have since sold 2 cabs with SF2 for what I consider big $$$s (or at least heaps more than I paid for them). Both sold to guys that knew nothing about arcade cabinets but loved Street Fighter 2 so I suppose it appeals to a broader market when it's got a game already packaged with it. I've got another cab to sell so just bought myself a SF2CE off ebay last week to put in the cab to sell.

Yeah good advice there Mark. When i sold a cab a while ago now i think the game i sold it was was the draw card, SFZ2. I ended up making 100% profit on it not that i was trying to i honestly had no idea what it would go for but i think a very well laid out ad, plenty of pictures and the fact i was easy to approach for an inspection or more info also put bidders at ease. The guy i bought it off was complete opposite, hard to contact and didnt supply many pics or additional info to potential bidders.

I vote for PCB included :)

Looks like I'll keep the board with it!

Most people (everyone I know ;)) recognise Double Dragon instantly, so I'll keep it in there. After playing it a few times i'm not that fussed about the arcade version. Too much slowdown. I prefer the console versions of pt 2.

I was going to keep it for the cabinet, and convert it to a MAME Jamma cab, but couldnt be assed, plus I need the $$$.

At some stage I think it was dropped. You can see the chipboard on the bottom of the cab has been cracked/snapped before and screwed back together (solid as a rock)

Im gunna try and print a header for it, and replace the sticks will ball tops from OzStick. To quote MadMike, they're 'looser than Paris Hilton' atm. Too bad it doesnt come with a coin box :(

Gunna take off the 'Bumper Amusements' cards too, will be bad for business ;) (I actually bought it from Markc)

• 8 months later...

"Can't see a 'banner print' option anywhere.. A few more clues please..!"

Oops Woka, just saw this.

The printer I was using at the time was a Cannon S200 cheapie, but had a banner printing option.

I think you can custom set you paper size otherwise.

This is some settings that I kept on file to remind me the next time, might help.

rotate canvas 90 degrees

set image to 17.5cm width and 53cm height

make sure 'constrain proportions' is ticked

Set paper to portrait

set paper size to custom paper size of 175mm width and 530mm height

set printing type to banner printing