Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKong
    replied
    ..If I really wanted a cabinet from overseas and money is no expense I would just buy it..cause I wanted the cab..if I wanted to make money out of cabs I would look at building my own here you just can't justify the expense of importing such bulking items and I am sure that the seller would not be sending off minty cabs and risk is too large. Like to see RTS on these..just my two bits..always wanted a Midway Galaxian cab so just buying it in pieces at the moment..Bezal,Marquee, T-moulding just need a CP ( got the overlay ) its been a five year thing now but it will happen!

Leave a comment:

• Arcade King
    replied
    Reading over this thread im im scared.
    I want THIS here

Leave a comment:

• Viper
    replied
    Cool, that's the way it should be.

Leave a comment:

• LOTR4U
    replied
    BZZZZ Were ALL WROOONG

Guys,

$1000 - Postal
    $1000 - Air or Sea but you have to fill out some formal forms.

This was changed from $250 a month ago.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Wait... you mean to tell me that the big American companies don't care about little non-corporate customers? Say it ain't so!

Leave a comment:

• Berty
    replied
    Plus i have found that companies like DHL and UPS are really rude when dealing with you over the phone. I had one incident where i was at work, they called home and said that they need to talk to me urgently!!, so my gf gives them my work number and they expect me to drop everything that i was doing, rush out and get my credit card details sooner than realistically possible, they wouldnt even let me call them back, i kept on saying i was at work, im busy etc etc, but they wouldnt take no for answer. ****ers.

Leave a comment:

• Viper
    replied
    It's worse when you think it's $1000 and the last time you got something from someone it came via mail. Then they think they're doing you a favour by sending the next lot by DHL and when it gets here DHL tell you the limit is $250 because they're a shipping company. Wasn't happy about that one.

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by microwrx
    No, at the time it was $1000. I spoke to customs directly.
    Yes, that is correct. $1000 is the limit for customs.

I know, because about a year back I bought AU$1020 worth of arcade stuff, and got lumped with the extra charges. Not happy.

Leave a comment:

• Viper
    replied
    [QUOTE=wrx2hot4u]
    Originally posted by microwrx
    Apparently the $1000 limit for items not attracting these fees only counts if the items come in by mailQUOTE]

I think you mean $500 bucks? $250 for courier.

No, at the time it was $1000. I spoke to customs directly.

Leave a comment:

• Berty
    replied
    EMS, which is now ECI has got a $2000 limit and courier has still got the $250 limit as always.

Leave a comment:

• LOTR4U
    replied
    [QUOTE=microwrx]Apparently the $1000 limit for items not attracting these fees only counts if the items come in by mailQUOTE]

I think you mean $500 bucks? $250 for courier.

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickey Juice
    I thought Hamish bought them all from the one place... ?
    I would say that sort of sale would be very rare. It's not often a container load of original cabinets in great condition just appears for sale.

I'm not trying to sound defeatest, by the way. I'm all for this effort. I'm just trying to keep myself grounded is all. I'm the first to admit I can get very "head in the clouds" with these sorts of ventures.

Leave a comment:

• Mickey Juice
    replied
    I thought Hamish bought them all from the one place... ?

Leave a comment:

• elvis
    replied
    Originally posted by catty
    Hamish you say that there is no money in importing the cabs and reselling them. Maybe in AUS there would be a bigger market for them then NZ. I am suprised that one of the guys doing the pin imports hasn't canvassed the idea of doing one of these.

Catty
    The organisation needed would be massive. You'd need to

1) Buy original cabs from all over the place in the US (I doubt you'd find one seller willing to give up a container worth of cabs)

2) Store them until you had enough cabs for a container load (this would mean storage rental, as well as someone to deliver them from the sellers to the storage)

3) Organise the container and import the cabs, shifting them from the storage to the container.

That's a lot of organisation, as well as man power. Unless you had a month spare to wander over to the US and do all this yourself, it would be difficult I think. Maybe Hamish can give us a rundown on how he did it (if he's willing to share the info)?

Leave a comment:

• catty
    replied
    I know that Elvis is doing a deal on candy cabs from china, but since this thread was kind of mentioned again, has there been any further thought or interest in doing a bulk deal on classics like Hamish has done from the US?

Hamish you say that there is no money in importing the cabs and reselling them. Maybe in AUS there would be a bigger market for them then NZ. I am suprised that one of the guys doing the pin imports hasn't canvassed the idea of doing one of these.

Catty

Leave a comment:

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 2 (guests)
Working...
X