Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing Cabs!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Importing Cabs!!!!

    Ahoy-hoy all!

    Good to see so many ppl over here. to business...

    A while ago over at arcade-80 some ppl started of a thread about importing cabs from the US. Then it was later moved to the old forum and i dont think that much progess was made with it.

    I would like to re-open this to discusion again here on the new forum and get ppl's ideas.

    I have found this website in Hong Kong www.coinopexpress.com They have got a massive selection of cabs for sale at various prices. They may be a little bit pricey but at least all of the cabs would be in the one loaction for shipping. If we as a group could get alot of order im sure that it would make shipping the item to Australia worth wile. I would especially like the input of those that have done it before (hamish, if you are around)

    Cheers

  • #2
    I'm currently in the process of importing cabs from China. The prices are very good, but we'll have to see what the final cost is like after shipping, customs, etc. The manufacturers have indicated they want us to be the official distributors for Australia, which could mean even more discounts (which would be great for everyone).

    Anyways... as soon as I have something concrete in terms of product-in-my-warehouse type situation, I'll post some more about it. With the current customs backlog, that could be a real problem doing so pre Christmas.
    | |

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey Elvis, it would be good to here some mor einfo about how you are getting them over here and what are the costs, i.e do you own your own container etc?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah. I started both threads about importing some games. When I saw that Hamish NZ had imported some cool 80's gear from the states I wanted in. Like I have said before I am good for 3 or 4 and I have 2 mates who are also up for a couple each. However I have tried to make some enquires about shipping etc but with little luck. I thought instead of chasing around and doubling up on the work there should be some members with experience, contacts etc about importing. Basically I think the more games we get the lower the cost with buying bulk and also splitting the shipping costs. I am in. Lets go.
        Donkey Kong
        Pacman
        Galaga

        catty

        Comment


        • #5
          I think Hamish is the best and has the most experience at this kinda thing
          BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

          Comment


          • #6
            I will be the nay sayer (voice of reason?) again

            It would be great if we had a central distro point since this would then mean a single point to coordinate the imports as well as being able to enable everyone to chip in for the customs shipping etc.

            But Australia remains a big place. no matter where the boat comes in, Melbourne, Brisbane or Sydney, not everyone is going to be located in the same place meaning that some people will have to get their cabinet shipped on which may cancel the advantage of importing at all.

            Ric
            Ric
            looking for:
            the baseboard for a Gottlieb Royal Guard
            Zaccaria Devil Riders Backglass
            Williams OXO, GTB Volcano

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Berty
              Hey Elvis, it would be good to here some mor einfo about how you are getting them over here and what are the costs, i.e do you own your own container etc?
              At this stage I can't give the details out, as the person I'm doing this with wants to make a commercial venture out of it.

              For me, I just want new "candy" cabs in good nick, and I'm not prepared to pay the bloody rediculous amounts for second-hand scratched and dented units that are currently in the country.

              My biggest question is the quality of the monitors that will come with the cabs. We're being offered 21 through to 29 inch units, in both 15KHz and 15/24/31KHz. No word on brand or quality, so we're getting the first batch in as a pure test. If they're crap, then so be it and we all get some cheap but still good enough for home use cabs. If they're good, then we'll be selling them at reasonable prices (unlike the current cab sellers, IMHO).
              | |

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by elvis
                At this stage I can't give the details out, as the person I'm doing this with wants to make a commercial venture out of it.
                For me, I just want new "candy" cabs in good nick, and I'm not prepared to pay the bloody rediculous amounts for second-hand scratched and dented units that are currently in the country.
                My biggest question is the quality of the monitors that will come with the cabs. We're being offered 21 through to 29 inch units, in both 15KHz and 15/24/31KHz. No word on brand or quality, so we're getting the first batch in as a pure test. If they're crap, then so be it and we all get some cheap but still good enough for home use cabs. If they're good, then we'll be selling them at reasonable prices (unlike the current cab sellers, IMHO).

                Excellent...... Please tell ASAP how they are when you test them. Sounds good!
                The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

                The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

                Comment


                • #9
                  guys is not hard to do

                  I have brought in 4 containers and have 1 on the way and another to settle on stock soon so should have 2 here early next year

                  costs
                  container from germany to Melb approx 4000 to 5000 aussie depends on where from and with insurance and extra packing you want
                  China and NZ should be cheaper

                  costs here are around $2000 plus any GST you WILL have to pay on the invoice
                  make sure you are ready for it as if you make them wait to deliver it they charge a few hundred dollars aday storage. Make sure you have all your paperwork ect this can be a big hold up.

                  here is a container on ebay for sale
                  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WAREHOUSE-CLE...QQcmdZViewItem

                  cost are shown at 2500us plus your charges here.
                  they too old for me but seems a cheap lot for around 10000 aussie

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by markc
                    here is a container on ebay for sale
                    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WAREHOUSE-CLE...QQcmdZViewItem
                    I've seen similar individual cabs for sale on ebay (from Germany), no-one ever bids on them.
                    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mickey Juice
                      I've seen similar individual cabs for sale on ebay (from Germany), no-one ever bids on them.

                      Mickey its the same LOT
                      check history under the user name and you will see he has listed it 3 times
                      just saying it for prices of freight

                      If you got another Kiss or 2 in it Then yea maybe worth a punt but really lost of crap in it


                      mark

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by markc
                        Mickey its the same LOT
                        check history under the user name and you will see he has listed it 3 times
                        just saying it for prices of freight
                        If you got another Kiss or 2 in it Then yea maybe worth a punt but really lost of crap in it
                        mark
                        Though it was the same bloke.

                        I see alot of the games are missing CPU boards ...
                        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I did it to get games for my collection

                          Shipping games is bulk is not for the faint hearted.
                          To import a container load you have to be very orgainised and have the $$$.
                          I tried for along time to get people to share a container and in the end I only had
                          one good friend commit and he took 7 out of 32. There where a lot of people
                          who said they where keen and then when the time came disappered.
                          Ric is right it would not work to having people spread out all over AUZ
                          it would add extra $$$ to the price per game.
                          But if Sydney and Melborne people got together it could work.
                          Have the container ship to either and rent a truck to drive between.
                          I would not import arcade machines to sell there is not enough money in it.

                          This is what I imported

                          Arcade machines are al lot cheaper than pins to buy

                          Atari "Battlezone"
                          Atari "Pole Position"
                          Centuri "Time pilot" x 2
                          Centuri "Gyruss"
                          Midway "Galaxian"
                          Midway "Pacman"
                          Midway "Rally x"
                          Midway "Space invaders Deluxe"
                          Nintendo "Donkey Kong" x 2
                          Nintendo "Maro bros"
                          Taito "Double Dragon"
                          Williams "Defender" x 3
                          Williams "Joust" cocktail
                          Williams "Make Trax"
                          Williams "Moon Patrol"
                          Williams "Stargate"
                          12 mixed cocktail tables
                          Last edited by hamish_nz; 2nd November 2005, 03:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi Mark,

                            What sort of GST are you looking at on something like that? is it the regular 10% of the invoice or more?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'd kill for a Robotron 2084






                              The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

                              The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

                              Comment

                              Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 3 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X